2008 Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Camry is good

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Camry is good
By rob on

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the V6 version before I realized I would be driving about 40k a year. Although I am currently getting in the high 20s and low 30s for the mpg. I spend about 3 hours a day in the car and it is fairly competent. The driver seat could use more upper lateral support as I tend to lean out of the seat towards the center. The car has a superb ride for a Lincoln or Buick, but I wish now that there was an SE V6 for the stiffer suspension when I bought the XLE . The car is well equipped even better so than the Accord, which I have owned several and think I prefer overall. The Camry is overall a solid car and sure to please the masses.

Favorite Features

JBL audio is awesome. The V6 is thrilling and smooth. I am averaging 27.5 mpg and today on a new fill up I have averaged over 30 mpg which is amazing with the a/c on and that much power.

Suggested Improvements

Better driver seat. The sequential automatic needs to hold the gear selected. Better suspension that allows the car to handle what it is truely capable of. Enhance the stability control to intervene later.