2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good Value
By Real on 01/02/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven the Lexus 400 Series since 1991 and have just purchased a 2008 Toyota Camry SE V6, and the car is excellent. It's not the Lexus flagships I used to drive, but close & I have more money left in pocket which puts a smile on my face.

Lazy take off
By charlie on 12/31/07 16:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this camry 3 days ago, the car is very lazy on take off The side mirrors do not give you a good big view of the back. The driver side doorpost blocks your blindspot.

I love this car
By jbradford on 12/30/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is wonderful, I got the fully loaded se camry for 2008, with the v6, navi, roof, upgraded wheels, every available option, msrp about 33000, but, it is well worth it. This car is fast. You don't even have to try to go fast and you look down and your going 80 on the expressway, plus it has the tiptronic shift which really unleashes a beast under the hood. Cornering is excellent, I can take a 30 mph corner at 55-60 mph. I also have the vehicle stability control and traction control. The navi is very user friendly. I love this car in every way. Heated seats are nice and the leather sport package is great.

DO NOT BUY CAMRY I REPEAT
By Honest Opinion on 12/23/07 21:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a horrible car. All the talk about Toyota quality is really nothing more than marketing-hype. The so-called quality is NOT there. Rather, this car is riddled with many problems--some of which are really serious and dangerous. First, the transmission is really bad. It slips all the time and shifting is very poor. It could cause "unexpected" acceleration, and can cause serious accident. Second, the quality is bad. The gaps between parts (e.g., dash board) are wide and uneven. 1970 Dodge is probably better assembled than this. I've already visited the dealership three times because of various problems. Third, don't expect any fun in driving this car. Steering is very unresponsive.

Very very very dissapointed
By dissapointment on 12/23/07 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd camry since 99 and probably my last. I've owned basically only Totyotas for the last 25 years, Land Cruisers, Corollas and Camrys and I've never been so dissapointed. The transmission, doesn't work properly, as well as the cruise control, the car shakes after 60 miles, the radio and CD player had to be excchanged, overall I am the proud owner of a NIGHT MARE!!!

Toyota slipping badly
By ray3503 on 12/20/07 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Its clear to me that as Toyota grows they are unable to maintain the qulality standards they set. The Camry im driving is slow, the controls are in poor positions, it handles squishy and rattles. The exterior body styling is ok i guess, but this car is so vanilla and so ho hum its hard to recommend it. I think the US car companies are putting out much better cars than the Camry, and the Accord sits in a league by itself in this segment.

Solid Vehicle
By Bob in WV on 12/19/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Solid car with a very nice appearance and fun to drive - very good safety rating.

Great Car
By Mr B on 12/14/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a very good car and good fuel economy. Used car for long trip. Put on about 2,600 miles the car road great.

Don't Like It
By Don't like it on 12/14/07 07:18 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Trade-in time for 2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 we really liked except for a known Camry feature - choppy transmission. Put together a features list, studied sedans/SUVs over 18 months. It came down to test driving 3: 2008 Camry LE V6, 2007 Honda Accord V6, 2008 Ford Taurus SEL. After driving the Taurus there was no comparison. It blows away the Camry. Better price too! Camry handled very nice but research/Toyota service tells us that the transmission hasn't changed. Camry's small inside compared to Taurus. Taurus is actually competing with the Avalon which it also blows away! Camry interior is cheaper/less attractive than our 2003 was. Toyota; while you were sleeping - Taurus came along!

Great car
By sandwinder on 12/11/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think this is a great car. I have driven several types of cars from Acura to BMW and I can say this car is great. It doesnt have the driving ability of the German cars but it is still great for the money. I did test drive the 4 cylinder and wasnt impressed at all. The 6 cylinder is great, very refined and power when you need it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.