2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Lazy take off
By charlie on 12/31/07 16:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this camry 3 days ago, the car is very lazy on take off The side mirrors do not give you a good big view of the back. The driver side doorpost blocks your blindspot.

I love this car
By jbradford on 12/30/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Everything about this car is wonderful, I got the fully loaded se camry for 2008, with the v6, navi, roof, upgraded wheels, every available option, msrp about 33000, but, it is well worth it. This car is fast. You don't even have to try to go fast and you look down and your going 80 on the expressway, plus it has the tiptronic shift which really unleashes a beast under the hood. Cornering is excellent, I can take a 30 mph corner at 55-60 mph. I also have the vehicle stability control and traction control. The navi is very user friendly. I love this car in every way. Heated seats are nice and the leather sport package is great.

DO NOT BUY CAMRY I REPEAT
By Honest Opinion on 12/23/07 21:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a horrible car. All the talk about Toyota quality is really nothing more than marketing-hype. The so-called quality is NOT there. Rather, this car is riddled with many problems--some of which are really serious and dangerous. First, the transmission is really bad. It slips all the time and shifting is very poor. It could cause "unexpected" acceleration, and can cause serious accident. Second, the quality is bad. The gaps between parts (e.g., dash board) are wide and uneven. 1970 Dodge is probably better assembled than this. I've already visited the dealership three times because of various problems. Third, don't expect any fun in driving this car. Steering is very unresponsive.

Very very very dissapointed
By dissapointment on 12/23/07 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd camry since 99 and probably my last. I've owned basically only Totyotas for the last 25 years, Land Cruisers, Corollas and Camrys and I've never been so dissapointed. The transmission, doesn't work properly, as well as the cruise control, the car shakes after 60 miles, the radio and CD player had to be excchanged, overall I am the proud owner of a NIGHT MARE!!!

Toyota slipping badly
By ray3503 on 12/20/07 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Its clear to me that as Toyota grows they are unable to maintain the qulality standards they set. The Camry im driving is slow, the controls are in poor positions, it handles squishy and rattles. The exterior body styling is ok i guess, but this car is so vanilla and so ho hum its hard to recommend it. I think the US car companies are putting out much better cars than the Camry, and the Accord sits in a league by itself in this segment.

Solid Vehicle
By Bob in WV on 12/19/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Solid car with a very nice appearance and fun to drive - very good safety rating.

Great Car
By Mr B on 12/14/07 20:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a very good car and good fuel economy. Used car for long trip. Put on about 2,600 miles the car road great.

Don't Like It
By Don't like it on 12/14/07 07:18 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Trade-in time for 2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 we really liked except for a known Camry feature - choppy transmission. Put together a features list, studied sedans/SUVs over 18 months. It came down to test driving 3: 2008 Camry LE V6, 2007 Honda Accord V6, 2008 Ford Taurus SEL. After driving the Taurus there was no comparison. It blows away the Camry. Better price too! Camry handled very nice but research/Toyota service tells us that the transmission hasn't changed. Camry's small inside compared to Taurus. Taurus is actually competing with the Avalon which it also blows away! Camry interior is cheaper/less attractive than our 2003 was. Toyota; while you were sleeping - Taurus came along!

Great car
By sandwinder on 12/11/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think this is a great car. I have driven several types of cars from Acura to BMW and I can say this car is great. It doesnt have the driving ability of the German cars but it is still great for the money. I did test drive the 4 cylinder and wasnt impressed at all. The 6 cylinder is great, very refined and power when you need it.

Wonderful Experience
By FirstTimeOwner on 12/09/07 13:26 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own the 3.5L V6 XLE Camry. I switched to Toyota after owning German cars for 13 years. The Camry drives very smoothly, securely hugging the road while curbing. The V6 has enough power at all times: on highways while accelerating and from a stop-start state. It is well laid out inside as well. I am completely satisifed with this car. I have had no problems whatsoever - the peace of mind of owning a car that retains its value is priceless. Camrys end up an asset even after 5 years and 100k.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.