Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love my V6 SE
By Joanne

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used from a reputable dealer in my area. It was a repossession with 10,000 miles on it. It is loaded with everything imaginable. Leather, sunroof, V6 3.5L, 6 speed trans, and a rare body ground effects kit w/spoiler & skirt. Chrome everything, bluetooth, remote start, fog lights. I absolutely love it. Talk about fast, 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds, and the gas mileage is amazing. The heated leather seats are the best, and the many seat adjustments make my driving experience a pleasure. If I had to buy this car again, I would never go back to a four cyl. car or a car with cloth seats. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone.

Exterior body styling/trim. V6 3.5L engine (268 horsepower). 6 speed transmission. Sunroof .Chromed dual exhaust. Actually I have too many favorites to list.

The only things I would suggest would be less options for headlamp settings. Sometimes I'm not sure if my lights are on or off.

The 4th Time IS a FLOP!
By Beyond Disappointed

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 3 Camrys-1991,1995 & 2004; due to satisfactory previous ownership history - I made HUGE mistakes in making this purchase! Shopped all day online-made calls-night-time test drive-purchased car Saturday night. Week later realized-CHEAP BUILD & INFERIOR QUALITY of plastic material of interior, fabric, exposed metal & bolts on floor, downsized & eliminated compartments, eye/sunglass holder, small poorly designed seating-driver, passenger & rear-no elbow room-cramped interior, smaller trunk space, etc. Only 5'4 roof of car close to head. Cheap fabric on seat not sewn-just stuffed inside cheap plastic bucket of seat. Driver seat should be ergonomically correct-miserable drive.

Looks o.k., but looks are deceiving. Steering wheel audio controls; but, after only a brief ownership - radio/stereo defective CD stuck - took too long to replace & repair.

Scrap the "MOVING FORWARD" - Refocus on quality. Think of the driver and the purpose of a vehicle - quality, safety, comfort. The purpose of a car is not to look good; but to drive-whether in city or road trips. Driver's seat-priority. Not built w/cheap plastic & yellow foam-too short. Respect customers!

Not Satisfied
By Monica

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I'm not impressed. The car is sluggish, transmission shifts often and has a very noticeable delay. I was also expecting BETTER MPG only get an average of 22.

Exterior body

Transmission and more MPG!

Transmission lag
By Ted

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The "fly by wire" feature has caused an annoying lag when reaching certain speeds. It's almost as if the car can't make up its mind what gear it should be in. It constantly downshift and hesitates. Sometimes the car stalls when I press the accelerator to pass another car. I'm scheduled for Arbitration with Toyota about this problem. Stay tuned.

Can't think of many. The radio is awful as is the air conditioner. I guess the roominess is the best feature.

Ditch the "fly by wire". I had a 1995 Camry without it and drove it for thirteen years and 150,000 miles with no problems. Took the Altima for a test drive the other day and it performs like a dream.

Super Satisfied
By CamryFamily

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my '08 Camry in Jan. and couldn't be more satisfied. I was a previous 4-Runner owner and loved it so much I became hooked on Toyotas. My main purpose in buying the car was transportation to and from work, about a 50 mile drive per day. I also wanted much cheaper maintenance. Gas was a huge issue too. I now average about 29 mpg with premium gas and 24 with regular on the interstate. I love the interior even though I sacrificed my leather for a cheaper price. Everything is placed just right for a comfortable ride. My installed bluetooth makes the drive even more easy. The whole family fits great inside. Exceeded my needs

Overhead bluetooth, steering wheel controls, cupholders rock, tinted windows, a.c. much better than any other car I've owned as far as features and ease go. Super quiet ride. Easy to drive with lots of horsepower.

Absolutely none. Maybe even better mpg would be great in the future.