2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Impressed
By Impressed on 03/11/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I turned in leased BMW530i, and got the camry. Guess what? I was very impressed. Very comfortable inside, feels very luxurious. I test drove the 2005 Lexus ES300. The XLE with leather is very very close to the older model of ES300. I love the blue tooth function. The rear sunshade is also great. Lots of storage room. I do have some issues with the performance. The car wont "go" at the stop sign, and the engine makes a lot of noise when accelerate. Also, the gas mileage doesn't seem to be too good. I average 22 so far in the first half tank of gas.

An Excellent Value
By Mathewsv0 on 03/09/08 17:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2008 Toyota Camry CE with the five speed manual transmission and I must say it is truly a pleasure to drive. The clutch has the right amount of travel, the shifting operation is smooth, and the power of the engine is great whether you're driving in the city or on the highway. The fit and finish of the interior is excellent with a lot of shoulder and head room. The seats are also positioned in a way that is very comfortable. In this price range it offers quite a bit. I'm only twenty years of age and I'm impressed with this car even though it is marketed towards a different crowd.

Great
By lee on 02/22/08 12:57 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded an 05 XLE 6c. for an 08 XLE 4c. and it has as much pep even on hills. Good gas mileage. I am very pleased with the car thus far.

Another Great car from Toyota
By love it on 02/17/08 07:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had the car for 3 weeks - 700 miles. First tank of gas I got 23.5mpg, second I got 25. Oil filter is a little different on the v6. It is a cartridge element, not a spin on filter. This makes for a really clean oil change. Leather seat with Liquicell are amazingly comfortable. The ride is remarkable - very quiet and noninvasive. Transmission shifts confidently and correctly. It does NOT "hunt" of gears. Camry v6 is really quick. Originally wanted JBL sound until I heard the standard cd - there is no need to upgrade.

Poor transmission
By sam on 02/11/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very poor transmission. It changes gears and you can feel it since it stalls. Had rotor problems already. just has 1058 miles. Interior makes noise as though something is loose. The passenger side windows would not open front and the back. Just a nightmare since the day one. I do not think it is number one when you spend so much money for it.

So far......well you know
By llhoops on 02/03/08 04:29 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Camry meets all of my expectations. It is a solid, dependable, good looking vehicle that has proven itself to be the best value in its class. I treated myself to the navigation with bluetooth capable telephone functions. Combine that with the adjustible heated leather seats, smartkey entry and starting, and the traction control and you have a damn nice car (lexus like) right at $30,000. But, it does not turn heads (although the the new body style is not as soft as previous years). There are a billion Camrys on the road yet I still feel special in mine. It is a safe choice.

Love my camry
By kelly on 01/21/08 16:37 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Camry for almost a month now. The ride is awesome, fuel economy is great. Transmission is very smooth and quick! I had an '06 Camry and the '08 is far better in all ways! Suspension is much improved.

08 Camry LE 4cyl
By Stephen on 01/11/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Even with a 4cyl the Camry still has plenty of power but can react slowly. As one would expect, I have had no problems with the car except for low pressure in one tire. Getting actual mileage around 26 highway (set cruise - 50 miles round trip) and 18 city during first 1k miles. I think this could be due to the automatic transmission slipping.

What a MISTAKE
By Jeff Noone on 01/10/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the looks of this car, but soon after buying it, I began to regret it. What a nightmare. This car does not shift correctly. It jerks and then hesitates. Sometimes it downshifts when it shouldn't, sometimes it flares up and accelerates. Very very dangerous!!!

2008 Toyota Camry SE
By Tim on 01/10/08 09:20 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First of all it is the 4 cyl/SE model so it looks great, (I was driving an Infiniti fx35 before this and was never so happy to spend 50 bucks less a week on gas). I have 2000 miles on it so far and it is more quiet than the fx, more roomy (it is hard to believe but the fx is small inside) better features, 2 perfectly placed car adapters. 17 inch rims make ride a bit higher so I am not hitting curbs when parking. I never wanted to buy a camry before, they looked like your parents car, now they look like MY racing car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.