Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Perfect family sedan, good on gas
By MJB-PHD on 04/29/08 23:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned this Camry almost 6 months now and love it. Got the upgraded LE package to include sunroof, alloy wheels, and a few other little add ons. Love the bluetooth hands free feature. Very good on gas, plenty of power, a little hesitant at times when you step on it, but that is to be expected when driving a four cylinder vehicle. Interior ergonomics are comfortable with all cluster gauges in full view. Exterior has a more aggressive stance than previous models, with aerodynamic lines that compliment the vehicles overall appearance.

Crappy Transmission
By Dezra on 04/29/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car vibrates when driving up a slight incline at 40-43 MPH, keeping speed steady. Was told by non Toyota mechanic that it is the torque converter and Toyota themselves say "its a normal characteristic of this car". WHATEVER!!! Pretty scary huh? Could harm me while driving someday. It also shifts hard sometimes and revs up when I am not accelerating. Also, my cd player will play a song or so then stop completely and keep my cd, and won't give it back until the stereo cools down! Other than that, I love the car!

New Toyota Camry Transmission Problem
By Marc on 04/17/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car came with a defect in the software governing the transmission. The glitch causes a 3 - 4 second delay when rapid acceleration is needed. This is a safety hazard, and is the reason I strongly advise people to consider a different car manufacturer. Toyota has done nothing to address this issue, which I noticed immediately after driving off the new car lot. I did not test drive this car before signing the paperwork, but instead drove a test model "just like it" which did not have the glitch. The dealership and corporate office have shown an utter indifference, and deny that this is a safety concern. It IS a safety concern, so please consider a different manufacturer.

Great Car for these times!!!
By firetem on 04/15/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota. So far I haven't been disappointed. Very roomy and gas mileage is great.

Great Car.... My Third Camry
By GC on 04/12/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Camry and by far the best. I love my new car, and it's quiet and refined ride. Exterior looks great, and the interior is Lexus like. Love the interior lighting at night. If you are looking for a great car with a super quiet and smooth ride, check the Camry. Great gas mileage so far too, and with only 900 miles so far, it is not even broken in yet.

Traded in my Lexus for a Camry
By purpchin on 04/02/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my RX 300 for this Camry and after a week I'm not disappointed at all, especially at the gas pump. I went from a V6 to I4 and there's plenty of passing power. I also went from leather to cloth seats and it's not cold - no seat heaters needed. If you want more class upgrade to the XLE but get ready to pay 3-4K more. That's a personal choice. It's only been a week but if I have to take it to the shop you'll be hearing from me. I bought certified used (3,800 mis) and the best thing about that is that the warranty is 7/100,00 mi - better than new.

Awesome Car!!
By Timothy on 03/26/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car 3 days ago and already put on 500 miles in those days. Quiet ride, comfort, cruise control, these are all things that sold me on this car!

A lot of fun, but...
By Sammycamry on 03/26/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I only have about 500 miles on the car and so far I love it but it is a rattle trap with a lot of unnecessary noises from interior of car. My seatbelt squeaks, I have several rattles coming from headliner. On the positive side, this car is a beast!!! I cannot say enough about how fast this thing is! I hope the dealership can iron out my compaints and let me love this car!!

"I LOVE WHAT YOU DO FOR ME"!!!
By minivanguy on 03/23/08 02:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Toyota makes great vehicles. This is by far the best car I ever had. If you drive one for more then a couple of minutes, you'll see and feel the car's Lexus like qualities. The interior and exterior design is very pleasing to the eyes and touch (except for a few cheap plastics in the cabin). The cabin is very quiet on all fronts via wind noise, engine noise, road, etc. Going over bumps is like driving over gentle pebbles. There is no rattles in the cabin just tranquility. Now if you're going to be driving your car like The Fast and Furious, it also does good in that area.

Great car, but POOR quality
By Steven Daly on 03/20/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a 1993 Camry and a 2001 Camry, and this 2008 Camry is terrible compared to those two. I am so disappointed in the cheap plastic parts, the terrible squeaks and rattles and the horrible transmission. This vehicle is by far, the best looking Camry I have had, but the worst quality of the three. It has already been in the shop FOUR TIMES. My other Camrys were never in the shop for anything other than oil changes!!