Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good Choice
By Jim

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 1st import. Went from SUVs, so realize that change. Comfortable ride to the grocery and up the east coast. Low road noise. Good gas economy. Good acceleration, especially for a 4 cyl. I'm 6'4", wife 5'4". We both fit well into the vehicle without problems, even the back seat. Sound system is very nice.

Interior space, driver seat adjustments, stereo quality, mechanical quality of vehicle.

With my big hands I'm always bumping the wiper control. I don't drive it as much as my wife so when I do drive it I have to acclimate myself to the controls since they are so different from my dodge ram.

Best buying experiance ever
By B

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several other import cars in the past mostly Honda's. This was my first Toyota. I am sure glad I went to the dealer to look. I went in and they had the car pulled up. The car was warm inside and it was like the seat just grabbed on to me. It could adjust several different ways and with the telescoping wheel it felt perfect. We took it around the block and it handle like it was a sports car. I could not believe how quiet it was compared to my other cars I have had in the past. The white outside with the dark leather set it off just right. I have had the car almost a year and I like sometimes to just hop in and drive it still. I would recommend this car to anyone.

I really like the power with good mileage. I also like the blue tooth. Its real handy. Also it had an adapter to run my iPod in the car

To make the navigation a little simpler to operate and set it up so I can change locations well i drive.

Love the looks, but not the quality
By Linda(*65

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1998 4Runner and finally couldn't deal with the gas mileage anymore, so I traded it in for a top of the line XLE 4 cylinder. I LOVE the looks of this car, however, the quality is terrible compared to my 4Runner. TOO MANY squeaks, rattles and noises from everywhere in the car. I have also had transmission problems, but they have been fixed.

The stereo is fantastic. I still love the looks of the interior and exterior. I just wish it had less plastic, and less rattles and squeaks.

Just fix the transmission and other quality problems. I never had any problems with my 4Runner, and the day I traded it in, it had less rattles than the brand NEW Camry I bought.

Great Car
By Cali

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Camry. No problems with the car itself (only some damage from hail, but nothing to do with the car). It's extremely comfortable and spacious inside. I mostly treat mine like an SUV, hauling a bunch of stuff around and it holds up great! I get at least 25 mpg city and much more than that highway. The car looks great from the outside and in. I have all black cloth interior that holds up very well with everything.

6 CD changer, sunroof, and upgraded speaker system.

My only complaint is that some of the plastic (like where the dash and radio area meet) expand in the heat and make a slight squeaking sound.

Love it
By baseball mom

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2 Camrys in the past. All base models. Wanted to upgrade and got this one loaded. V6 is great. Has great get up with no hesitation. If you are going to buy a Camry, go with the V6. So much fun to drive. I have to hide my keys so my husband, who has a 2008 Chevy HD diesel, won't take my car. Also get an average of 31 mpg.

Moon roof, V6, radio controls on steering wheel, lots of room for baseball "stuff", comfortable leather seats, heated seat feature is great on those cold days.

nothing