Used 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Beautiful but shakey
By rar2

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this brand new 2008 LE V6 at the end of 2008. Within a week the seat and steering wheel would vibrate when driving 65-75 on the highway 30 miles to get to work. Also had issues with the bluetooth. Brought in repeatedly. Eventually a TSB was sent out by Toyota regarding vibration/shudder after months of complaining, but it didn't completely resolve the issue. Toyota Rep insists it's the way Camry is designed. Had Honda's for 20 years, first toyota, incredibly disappointed. Do not feel safe. Also experience transmission hesitation as others.

Favorite Features

Handsfree, when working which is majority of time. Ability to have manual transmission in automatic - great in snow. Comfortable ride, even sometimes when on the highway. Love trunk size, fits everything.

Suggested Improvements

Make it so the car drives smoothly on the highway, if truly by design (although I doubt it). Reduce driver awareness of shifting.

Should have got the Fusion
By Me

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Regret buying the car. Wish I would have gone with the car I really liked, the Ford fusion, because the Camry is not as good as they are made out to be. Not a cool car at all and not really reliable.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

better looks and reliability

Can't beat it
By Ross

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For what I payed for it you can't beat it. From taking the kids to school practice etc.. the Camry is an excellent car. It is hushed and smooth on the highway. In the city (chicago) it absorbs the numerous bumps with no problem. For all of the people complaining about the performance. IT IS A V-4. If you wanted fast buy a mustang. Perfect everyday car. I am averaging 25mpg. Majority city driving. It is a great family car without the big sticker. Very safe car also. Has 6 airbags standard. Has an I-pod jack with 3 gig of storage for mp3's.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride. Great fuel economy. Extremely comfortable everyday driver.

Suggested Improvements

Make the air condo a bit colder.

Better and better
By waynecarsen

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2007 and had many problems, the 2008 is great, they resolved many of the issues on the 2007s. Noisy brakes, dash squeaks, transmission. I have had no problems at all. I do not drive much any more but I am very happy with the car.

Favorite Features

Easy on the eyes, good finish, nice fit, reliable (once again). Decent gas mileage. Nice leather, heated seats work well in the cold. Rear window defogger is very good. Nice car all over, excellent ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

LEDs in the trunk, the light is useless. LEDs would be brighter. Dark and very light floor mats are hard to keep clean suggest a more neutral colour to avoid seeing foot prints. The Bluetooth phone does not work well, needs help.

Good Choice
By Jim

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 1st import. Went from SUVs, so realize that change. Comfortable ride to the grocery and up the east coast. Low road noise. Good gas economy. Good acceleration, especially for a 4 cyl. I'm 6'4", wife 5'4". We both fit well into the vehicle without problems, even the back seat. Sound system is very nice.

Favorite Features

Interior space, driver seat adjustments, stereo quality, mechanical quality of vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

With my big hands I'm always bumping the wiper control. I don't drive it as much as my wife so when I do drive it I have to acclimate myself to the controls since they are so different from my dodge ram.