2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry is good
By rob on 05/29/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the V6 version before I realized I would be driving about 40k a year. Although I am currently getting in the high 20s and low 30s for the mpg. I spend about 3 hours a day in the car and it is fairly competent. The driver seat could use more upper lateral support as I tend to lean out of the seat towards the center. The car has a superb ride for a Lincoln or Buick, but I wish now that there was an SE V6 for the stiffer suspension when I bought the XLE . The car is well equipped even better so than the Accord, which I have owned several and think I prefer overall. The Camry is overall a solid car and sure to please the masses.

Fourth Camry
By johnnyvero on 05/25/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth camry, I bought my wife an 08, because I liked her 05 so much but she wouldn't give it up, so I bought the 08 for her and now I'm driving the 05, both cars are 4 cyl, and have plenty of pick up. I can't say enough good things about them, reliability, performance, comfort, economy, just an all around good car with good trade in value. I was thinking about a V6 but the V4 has plenty of power and accelerates like a V6. Great Car !!!

Stylish and sluggish
By BC on 05/22/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Camry... best looking, poorest performing. Sluggish, like a person trying to run in water. Shifts often and hard; especially on an incline and on cruise control. Hesitates when accelerating after slowing down, especially coming out of a turn.

2008 Toyota Camry SE V6
By Black08SEV6 on 05/20/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Camry to replace my 04 Miata (loved my car, but to have a car pmt and buy premium gas once a week - small tank; 190-220 miles before empty). For economic purposes I bought my Camry but insisted on the more adolecent SE V6 trim. I love the look of the car, the aggressive front end, everything about it. I do not regret my purchase one bit. My sunroof squeaked over bumps, but a quick dealer visit fixed it (there's a TSB).

Toyota Quality. Hmmmm.
By New2Toyota on 05/17/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2008 V6 LE since end of December '07. LOVED it as soon as I test drove it on the highway. Comfortable, well designed, best car I have owned to date. In February I noticed the transmission not shifting appropriately - seems to have a delay when I need to start off from a dead stop, also has trouble regulating itself right afterward, shifting late. Dealership says they see nothing wrong. The radio reception disintegrates when the rear window defroster is turned on. Crossed wires?

Far worse quality than before.
By Dan Hogan on 05/13/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a 1993 Camry and a 2000 Camry. This 2008 is so much worse quality than those two. Very disappointing. Terrible rattles from the dash and the rear deck. Cheap plastic parts inside everywhere. The transmission shifts all the time. I will keep this car for as long as I can handle the poor quality.

Reliability...what reliability!?!
By Steve on 05/08/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My family has always owned Toyotas and reliability was always ok but not perfect. When it came time to pick a car for myself after graduating I thought the sensible thing would be to buy a Camry. I was wrong. This car has been nothing short of a nightmare. In less than a year's time of ownership, I now know almost everyone at the dealer service desk by name! First it was transmission problems which have never been completely resolved. A dead battery caused by electrical issues,(not my fault) that left me stranded. Radio died after only 3 months. Exterior paint has not held up well though first winter. Other more minor issues including a tail-light bulb that keep going out.

First new car in 30 years.
By P. Kusch on 04/30/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Have no regrets about buying this car except some disappointment that the manual transmission gets a little worse fuel mileage than the automatic. I think a six spd. manual would be nice, but I realize few people who buy Camrys buy manuals.

Perfect family sedan, good on gas
By MJB-PHD on 04/29/08 23:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned this Camry almost 6 months now and love it. Got the upgraded LE package to include sunroof, alloy wheels, and a few other little add ons. Love the bluetooth hands free feature. Very good on gas, plenty of power, a little hesitant at times when you step on it, but that is to be expected when driving a four cylinder vehicle. Interior ergonomics are comfortable with all cluster gauges in full view. Exterior has a more aggressive stance than previous models, with aerodynamic lines that compliment the vehicles overall appearance.

Crappy Transmission
By Dezra on 04/29/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car vibrates when driving up a slight incline at 40-43 MPH, keeping speed steady. Was told by non Toyota mechanic that it is the torque converter and Toyota themselves say "its a normal characteristic of this car". WHATEVER!!! Pretty scary huh? Could harm me while driving someday. It also shifts hard sometimes and revs up when I am not accelerating. Also, my cd player will play a song or so then stop completely and keep my cd, and won't give it back until the stereo cools down! Other than that, I love the car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan in NJ is:

$198 per month*