2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
did not like
By hated it on 09/17/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in Feb 08 and traded it in in Sept 08. The hesitation at take offs and the up and down shifting of the transmission were getting on my nerves. It easily cames out of over- drive to get up a small hill. If you did not take off slowly, the car had a dead spot and then the car would take off. A lot of complaints about this issue on the internet. I do 80% interstate driving and I struggled to get 22 mpg. The car rode nicely on smooth roads as well as handled well.

Average
By E.Crawley on 09/06/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience driving my new SE Toyota has been good and bad. However until a couple of months ago every thing was o.k. While driving my car I found it to be smooth and controllable. However I did not like that shaking in the car when I stopped the vehicle.

Used to be a great car
By Jennifer Harris on 08/01/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my 98 Camry, and I must say that compared to that one, this car is disappointing. Although I like the looks of this one better, the quality of the interior is poor. Too many rattles and squeaks coming from the doors, the dash and the moonroof. I have not had any transmission problems like some of the other complaints.

2008 Camry SE 4cyl
By Anthony on 07/26/08 23:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the SE because of the styling and expecting about the same MPG as my old 1998 Camry (24/30). I now have 8K miles on the car and consistently get 22 (combined). In my opinion the car is underpowered with the 4cyl. The engine hesitates when accelerating at slow speed and I must be careful when pulling out or into traffic. Road noise is a problem when using the built in blue tooth. I was warned by the Toyota salesman about the poor ride of the SE as compared the to LE, XLE, he was right.

Not impressed
By lmarie517 on 07/25/08 07:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I must say I am not impressed. The car is sluggish at best, transmission shifts often and hard (especially noticeable during braking). The car can't seem to get out of its own way. Transmission also has a very noticeable delay. I can't get rid of this car soon enough.

Love my Camry
By Edith McGlynn on 07/11/08 03:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Realtor a previous Cadillac prior to buying my Camry. I love the way my Camry handles, comfort, quiet running and affordable ownership. The price of gas is even more reason to own the wonderful automobile. This is the first time I have ever owned a smaller vehicle. Thank you Toyota for your superior service.

My first Toyota Camry
By LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5 on 07/08/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First impression was pleasing. But at 8000 mile had to have to have the transmission reprogrammed. At 20,000 mile the transmission had to be reprogrammed and the windshield washer motor had to be replaced. At 25,000 mile tires were out of round and had to be replaced. The car does not dampen road feel as it at first. Still have tranny issues with over/under sluggish shifting and acceleration, needs the latest up reprogramming. I expected better from Camry. Fuel economy is better than expected on mostly level interstate travel, hilly terrain it decreases 3-6 mpg and really suffers in mountains. Still has a quiet ride and is easy to handle. At speed the passing ability is ok. The center post blocks vision.

2008 XLE V6 Camry
By Kirby Thomson on 06/29/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A really good car that really shines the more we drive. Both a good car for in city driving and getting 25 mpg or better with A/C in summer driving. Best on highway was 34 mpg with no A/C in cooler weather. Ultra smooth 6-speed auto trans with the V6 makes a car jump on the highway with a breeze. Just wish had the handling of our previous Acura TL but we love not having to purchase premium fuel. Size is perfect for wife taste and big enough for the 6-2 foot son in back seat. A good buy for us with our needs and hope to keep a long time so reliability was important.

2008 My camry
By cam_guy on 06/29/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the Camry is a great car, I have many Camrys over the past 20 years. The ride is what I want, handling is good too. I feel Toyota is slipping in overall quality. The finish inside has cheapened, but it's little better on the 08 then the 07. The Bluetooth system stinks in my opinion, will not recognize my verbal commands very well.

Great car!
By Phil on 06/22/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After two decades of driving SUVs I finally gave in to high gas prices and bought a vehicle with better mileage. I spent way too much time on the internet researching and then test driving different cars before choosing the Camry. After owning my Camry SE V6 for six momnths I have no regrets. I chose the SE because I liked the tighter sport suspension. The V6 provides very good power yet I get an average of 28 MPG with mostly highway driving. Another plus; I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit comfortably in this car. I commute 60 miles round trip to work and truely enjoy driving this vehicle. I don't miss my SUV, if I need a larger vehicle for a day to haul more people or stuff I'll just rent one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.