2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: 2008 Camry SE

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

2008 Camry SE
By Ronald on

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car for over 2.5 years, over 32,000 mileage, and I haven't ran into any problems except Toyota's gas pedal recall. The car's interior is spacious, the GPS is useful, and the JBL sound system is a plus w/ mp3 input. The tire pressure sensors have come in handy to tell me of a small nail puncture in my wheel. One big negative is that the acceleration is slow because it is computerized. The delay is supposed to save gas but sometimes you end up flooring it because you want to catch up with the traffic as you merge. I keep track of my fuel efficiency, lowest MPG is 22.8, highest 28.2. I average about 25 MPG in 3 years. Overall, I would give it a 7

Favorite Features

JBL stereo, GPS (although I would just purchase one from Garmin to save lots of money), fog lights, exterior body kit, spacious interior.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration is slow, the window panels block quite a bit of view (can hide entire cars/pedestrians), the head rests aren't comfortable, back seats don't come down like the other CE/LE/XLE editions.