2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
What I Expected
By Dave on 09/28/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can not complain too much at all. When you buy a Camry, you know what you are getting... a quality built, reliable vehicle. In 2007, Toyota redesigned the Camry to make it one of the most appealing vehicles on the road. I have had an issue with the driver-side seatbelt not wanting to click, but I am willing to write that off as an anomaly, assuming I will not have any issues getting it fixed by Toyota. I am only getting about 22 mpg, which falls into the lower end of the ratings. I would like to see at least 25-28 mpg. We'll see. Light from dash/radio is too bright at night. It is like someone is shining a flashlight in your face.

Very Satisfied
By john on 09/27/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven my 2008 Camry LE 1,375 very pleasant miles so far. It is very comfortable, roomy and fun to drive. Fuel economy is excellent. The 2.4L 4cyl 5A has plenty of pickup when needed on the highway. I would recommend this car to a friend.

Another Camry
By high_speed_chase on 09/23/07 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our fourth Camry, but the first with a V6. We traded a 2007 Camry SE I4, and I am not disappointed. The 3.5 V6 is very smooth and powerful. It runs 0-60 and quarter mile times of the infamous 5.0 Mustang from the early 1990s, (in stock form of course). Gas mileage is within 1-2 MPG of the I4. 600 miles already racked up since Friday night.

New Toy
By b gray on 09/15/07 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Nice car; 4 cyl power okay. Base model pricing attractive. Pleased with historical reliability. Recommended by Toyota drivers. Historically, keep cars for 10 years, so we will see how good it is in 2018. I will have a better review by then.

Very happy with my 2.4L XLE
By Happy Owner on 09/15/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a little over 2 weeks and am very happy with its pep, ride, styling, and the many standard features on the XLE. I came from a 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX, 2.7L 6 cyl. I was looking at the Hyundai Azera, Lincoln MKZ and the Toyota Avalon but the Camry won out.

Nice car - giggly ride
By rjohnson on 09/13/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a very nicely designed car both inside and out. The engine is quiet and smooth. The seats are comfortable. The ride is giggly with road vibrations felt through the low profile tires. This is not like the 06 and before ride. I would recommend it for the younger generation, not those over 55.

2008 Camry
By Dennis Lauterbach on 09/12/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far after 100+ miles of driving, the Camry has the comfort, quietness and pep that the Camry is known for. There is no question that this car is rock solid. Toyota's quality with the unibody welding rather than the rivets by their competitors will make this another hit for Toyota.

I bought another brand new Camry
By Happy Camry Owner on 09/11/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have to say I love this car. I bought one in 2007 and just gave that one to my wife, so I had to buy a brand new 2008. It rides great and shifts smoothly, plenty of power for a 4-cylinder. I recommend getting one with the upgraded JBL stereo. It sounds so much better than the regular stereo. My 2008 Camry has the upgraded JBL stereo, moonroof package, rear lip spoiler and body side molding. I'm looking forward to driving this car for the next few years. This car rocks and I recommend buying one!

Acceleration still not fixed
By Lois on 09/11/07 06:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Camry since 1993. Stuck with the Camry since I've always had good luck. Heard the 2007 had problems with acceleration, but figured they had fixed that on the 2008. Having same problem with 2008 as people did with 2007. Problem is still not fixed and I want to slap myself for not test driving my new car. Once you get on the highway, it rides beautiful, but my ride to work is all stop and go.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.