2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
As usual, cannot see blind spot
By sn on 11/12/07 17:18 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As usual, with so many cars out there today, you cannot see your blind spot with the camry. Even if you turn your head to the left, out of a total of 180 degrees, you will only be able to see about 45 degrees. With my old 00 Corolla, you could turn your head and literally look down the street in the left lane. With the new camry, you cannot - you must use your mirrors and buy a blind spot mirror; and using mirrors is dangerous when making split second decisions - you simply can't see down the left lane with this car - obstructions block it. Dangerous car. Its a very, very dangerous car. I almost got into about 5 accidents already with it on multi lane roads/highways. I want to get rid of it.

I miss my 4-runner
By jkglx on 11/12/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Initial impressions of the 1st 300 miles. This vehicle is very comfortable, and has a pleasant ride. I am a little disappointed with the fuel economy, as I averaged approx 18 MPG in the city. I would not have gotten rid of my 4-Runner if I would have known that I was going to improve my mileage by this little. Waiting to see how efficient on the highway. Also, transmission is acting up. Out of nowhere, RPM revs up when not accelerating.

Toyota GPS is worthless
By DonH on 11/07/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am generally happy with my Camry, but the GPS is frustrating and almost worthless. The necessity to press ok to a disclaimer before each use is ridiculous. You have to pull off of the road and stop in order to the GPS, and the passenger can not reprogram the unit while the car is moving. I would not have bought the car if I had known how frustrating the GPS is. I will not buy another Toyota unless the GPS system is changed.

Awesome Car
By Felix on 11/06/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever purchased. It's suspension is smooth, the 2.4 I4 has nice acceleration to match its fuel economy. The Camry's interior is very refined (in the XLE), and the upgraded 440 watt stereo system is great. Exterior styling is nice, and the overall build quality is perfect.

My 2008 Camry
By Katie on 11/01/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Camry LE. I love it so far. I like the brightness of the dashboard and the exterior design. It rides smoothly and I am still on the same tank of gas that the care came with and I purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

2008 Camry
By Allen on 10/29/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great commuter car for the wife. Good value for the price, with nice looks and fine (so far) fit and finish.

Great car!
By Great car! on 10/29/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great family car and very comfortable. Rides great and the v-6 has plenty of power.

So nice, and so fun!
By Christina on 10/27/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE and I was very impressed with it; however, my grandparents needed a vehicle, and it was easier for me to get a car. So I "upgraded" to the Camry. It sits a little lower to the ground, but the ride is smoother and there's so much room! The power driver seat is nice, audio controls on the steering wheel are convenient. I don't mind the plastic dash, but some don't like it. I've read some criticism of the look of the 07 and 08 Camry, but I think the "bulbous" nose is actually cute.

Best Value In America
By M Digman on 10/08/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car, beautifully equipped with all the creature comforts you can want. As for economy, I'm beating the revised EPA MPG estimates by +4MPG in the city (25 vs. the 21 Estimate) and by +3 MPG on the highway, (34 actual vs. the EPA 31 estimate!). Beauty, styling, luxury and great gas mileage... I love this car!

Do Your Research!
By 08CamryXLE on 10/03/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 month and 1,000 miles I would have reservations about recommending this car. It looks great, and is overall fun to drive. The navigation, sound, and bluetooth operations make the car easy to drive. The interior is roomy and looks great. When merging into traffic on the second day of owning the car, I almost totalled the vehicle as there was NO response from the engine after pressing the accelerator. This happens constantly. Check nhtsa.gov for current reports. The dealer doublespeaks the issue. I also had defects in the paint that resulted in a repainted bumper. A taillight also didn't fit and required body shop work to fix.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.