Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My first Toyota Camry
By LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First impression was pleasing. But at 8000 mile had to have to have the transmission reprogrammed. At 20,000 mile the transmission had to be reprogrammed and the windshield washer motor had to be replaced. At 25,000 mile tires were out of round and had to be replaced. The car does not dampen road feel as it at first. Still have tranny issues with over/under sluggish shifting and acceleration, needs the latest up reprogramming. I expected better from Camry. Fuel economy is better than expected on mostly level interstate travel, hilly terrain it decreases 3-6 mpg and really suffers in mountains. Still has a quiet ride and is easy to handle. At speed the passing ability is ok. The center post blocks vision.

Adequate seating comfort, easy reach controls, roomy interior for a midsize sedan. Good air and heating comfort. Satisfactory fuel economy. Better than average exterior styling. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel controls combined with 8 way electric seat fits anyone. Interior lighting is good.

Improve transmission shifting with a 6 speed. Add more horse power to the current engine. Relocate the center Post for better viewing and safety. Add speed controls to steering wheel. Replace the cheap interior parts, add automatic dimming rearview mirrors and have a runaway best seller.

2008 XLE V6 Camry
By Kirby Thomson

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A really good car that really shines the more we drive. Both a good car for in city driving and getting 25 mpg or better with A/C in summer driving. Best on highway was 34 mpg with no A/C in cooler weather. Ultra smooth 6-speed auto trans with the V6 makes a car jump on the highway with a breeze. Just wish had the handling of our previous Acura TL but we love not having to purchase premium fuel. Size is perfect for wife taste and big enough for the 6-2 foot son in back seat. A good buy for us with our needs and hope to keep a long time so reliability was important.

Smooth V6 engine with great transmission. Sunroof is a must and we use our daily. Steering wheel audio controls are nice and Bluetooth too! Keyless option spoils you when you switch cars. XLE rear seat tilts for extra comfort on taller passengers.

More feel on steering would be good as V6 really can move the car quickly. Why not HD radio standard? Folding rear seat.

2008 My camry
By cam_guy

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the Camry is a great car, I have many Camrys over the past 20 years. The ride is what I want, handling is good too. I feel Toyota is slipping in overall quality. The finish inside has cheapened, but it's little better on the 08 then the 07. The Bluetooth system stinks in my opinion, will not recognize my verbal commands very well.

Ride, comfort, style, looks, pickup and go. Radio, steering wheel controls. Heated seats.

Bluetooth, shifting patterns, transmission.

Great car!
By Phil

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After two decades of driving SUVs I finally gave in to high gas prices and bought a vehicle with better mileage. I spent way too much time on the internet researching and then test driving different cars before choosing the Camry. After owning my Camry SE V6 for six momnths I have no regrets. I chose the SE because I liked the tighter sport suspension. The V6 provides very good power yet I get an average of 28 MPG with mostly highway driving. Another plus; I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit comfortably in this car. I commute 60 miles round trip to work and truely enjoy driving this vehicle. I don't miss my SUV, if I need a larger vehicle for a day to haul more people or stuff I'll just rent one.

I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit in this car. Plus powerful V6, great (and quite) ride and handles great. Also very good mileage for a V6.

Would be nice to have a standard trip computer in the SE. Also the center head rest on the back seat blocked my view in the rear view mirror so I removed it.

Disappointing Tranny
By Dissappointed

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm normally a loyal Toyota purchaser, but not sure after purchasing my new 2008 Toyota Camry. Toyota has always had good reputation for great running, reliable car, but the transmission in this car is the worst ever. Like other drivers have said, it's sluggish. Shifts often and hard, especially on an incline and on cruise control. Hesitates when accelerating after slowing down. A nightmare using cruise control when I went on vacation. The driver seat could use more upper lateral support as I tend to lean out of the seat towards the center. I'll keep the car as long as I can and probably trade it in.

The car is beautiful, quite cabin, for the most part comfortable and I like the suspension. Good gas mileage.

Fix the transmission.