2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I miss my 4-runner
By jkglx on 11/12/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Initial impressions of the 1st 300 miles. This vehicle is very comfortable, and has a pleasant ride. I am a little disappointed with the fuel economy, as I averaged approx 18 MPG in the city. I would not have gotten rid of my 4-Runner if I would have known that I was going to improve my mileage by this little. Waiting to see how efficient on the highway. Also, transmission is acting up. Out of nowhere, RPM revs up when not accelerating.

Toyota GPS is worthless
By DonH on 11/07/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am generally happy with my Camry, but the GPS is frustrating and almost worthless. The necessity to press ok to a disclaimer before each use is ridiculous. You have to pull off of the road and stop in order to the GPS, and the passenger can not reprogram the unit while the car is moving. I would not have bought the car if I had known how frustrating the GPS is. I will not buy another Toyota unless the GPS system is changed.

Awesome Car
By Felix on 11/06/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever purchased. It's suspension is smooth, the 2.4 I4 has nice acceleration to match its fuel economy. The Camry's interior is very refined (in the XLE), and the upgraded 440 watt stereo system is great. Exterior styling is nice, and the overall build quality is perfect.

My 2008 Camry
By Katie on 11/01/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Camry LE. I love it so far. I like the brightness of the dashboard and the exterior design. It rides smoothly and I am still on the same tank of gas that the care came with and I purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

2008 Camry
By Allen on 10/29/07 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great commuter car for the wife. Good value for the price, with nice looks and fine (so far) fit and finish.

Great car!
By Great car! on 10/29/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great family car and very comfortable. Rides great and the v-6 has plenty of power.

So nice, and so fun!
By Christina on 10/27/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE and I was very impressed with it; however, my grandparents needed a vehicle, and it was easier for me to get a car. So I "upgraded" to the Camry. It sits a little lower to the ground, but the ride is smoother and there's so much room! The power driver seat is nice, audio controls on the steering wheel are convenient. I don't mind the plastic dash, but some don't like it. I've read some criticism of the look of the 07 and 08 Camry, but I think the "bulbous" nose is actually cute.

Best Value In America
By M Digman on 10/08/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car, beautifully equipped with all the creature comforts you can want. As for economy, I'm beating the revised EPA MPG estimates by +4MPG in the city (25 vs. the 21 Estimate) and by +3 MPG on the highway, (34 actual vs. the EPA 31 estimate!). Beauty, styling, luxury and great gas mileage... I love this car!

Do Your Research!
By 08CamryXLE on 10/03/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 month and 1,000 miles I would have reservations about recommending this car. It looks great, and is overall fun to drive. The navigation, sound, and bluetooth operations make the car easy to drive. The interior is roomy and looks great. When merging into traffic on the second day of owning the car, I almost totalled the vehicle as there was NO response from the engine after pressing the accelerator. This happens constantly. Check nhtsa.gov for current reports. The dealer doublespeaks the issue. I also had defects in the paint that resulted in a repainted bumper. A taillight also didn't fit and required body shop work to fix.

What I Expected
By Dave on 09/28/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I can not complain too much at all. When you buy a Camry, you know what you are getting... a quality built, reliable vehicle. In 2007, Toyota redesigned the Camry to make it one of the most appealing vehicles on the road. I have had an issue with the driver-side seatbelt not wanting to click, but I am willing to write that off as an anomaly, assuming I will not have any issues getting it fixed by Toyota. I am only getting about 22 mpg, which falls into the lower end of the ratings. I would like to see at least 25-28 mpg. We'll see. Light from dash/radio is too bright at night. It is like someone is shining a flashlight in your face.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.