Used 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not impressed
By lmarie517

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I must say I am not impressed. The car is sluggish at best, transmission shifts often and hard (especially noticeable during braking). The car can't seem to get out of its own way. Transmission also has a very noticeable delay. I can't get rid of this car soon enough.

Favorite Features

Body style

Love my Camry
By Edith McGlynn

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Realtor a previous Cadillac prior to buying my Camry. I love the way my Camry handles, comfort, quiet running and affordable ownership. The price of gas is even more reason to own the wonderful automobile. This is the first time I have ever owned a smaller vehicle. Thank you Toyota for your superior service.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and telephone.

Suggested Improvements

Sorry, I am completely satisfied.

My first Toyota Camry
By LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First impression was pleasing. But at 8000 mile had to have to have the transmission reprogrammed. At 20,000 mile the transmission had to be reprogrammed and the windshield washer motor had to be replaced. At 25,000 mile tires were out of round and had to be replaced. The car does not dampen road feel as it at first. Still have tranny issues with over/under sluggish shifting and acceleration, needs the latest up reprogramming. I expected better from Camry. Fuel economy is better than expected on mostly level interstate travel, hilly terrain it decreases 3-6 mpg and really suffers in mountains. Still has a quiet ride and is easy to handle. At speed the passing ability is ok. The center post blocks vision.

Favorite Features

Adequate seating comfort, easy reach controls, roomy interior for a midsize sedan. Good air and heating comfort. Satisfactory fuel economy. Better than average exterior styling. Tilt and telescoping steering wheel controls combined with 8 way electric seat fits anyone. Interior lighting is good.

Suggested Improvements

Improve transmission shifting with a 6 speed. Add more horse power to the current engine. Relocate the center Post for better viewing and safety. Add speed controls to steering wheel. Replace the cheap interior parts, add automatic dimming rearview mirrors and have a runaway best seller.

2008 XLE V6 Camry
By Kirby Thomson

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A really good car that really shines the more we drive. Both a good car for in city driving and getting 25 mpg or better with A/C in summer driving. Best on highway was 34 mpg with no A/C in cooler weather. Ultra smooth 6-speed auto trans with the V6 makes a car jump on the highway with a breeze. Just wish had the handling of our previous Acura TL but we love not having to purchase premium fuel. Size is perfect for wife taste and big enough for the 6-2 foot son in back seat. A good buy for us with our needs and hope to keep a long time so reliability was important.

Favorite Features

Smooth V6 engine with great transmission. Sunroof is a must and we use our daily. Steering wheel audio controls are nice and Bluetooth too! Keyless option spoils you when you switch cars. XLE rear seat tilts for extra comfort on taller passengers.

Suggested Improvements

More feel on steering would be good as V6 really can move the car quickly. Why not HD radio standard? Folding rear seat.

2008 My camry
By cam_guy

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the Camry is a great car, I have many Camrys over the past 20 years. The ride is what I want, handling is good too. I feel Toyota is slipping in overall quality. The finish inside has cheapened, but it's little better on the 08 then the 07. The Bluetooth system stinks in my opinion, will not recognize my verbal commands very well.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, style, looks, pickup and go. Radio, steering wheel controls. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, shifting patterns, transmission.