Used 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great car
By sandwinder on 12/11/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I think this is a great car. I have driven several types of cars from Acura to BMW and I can say this car is great. It doesnt have the driving ability of the German cars but it is still great for the money. I did test drive the 4 cylinder and wasnt impressed at all. The 6 cylinder is great, very refined and power when you need it.

Wonderful Experience
By FirstTimeOwner on 12/09/07 13:26 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own the 3.5L V6 XLE Camry. I switched to Toyota after owning German cars for 13 years. The Camry drives very smoothly, securely hugging the road while curbing. The V6 has enough power at all times: on highways while accelerating and from a stop-start state. It is well laid out inside as well. I am completely satisifed with this car. I have had no problems whatsoever - the peace of mind of owning a car that retains its value is priceless. Camrys end up an asset even after 5 years and 100k.

2008 SE Camry Nice Ride!!
By George on 12/08/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2008 SE Camry for about one week now and do not have any regrets about the purchase. The interior fit and finish is nicely done especially for a car at this price. The 4-Cyl. engine is great on gas and has decent acceleration and tourque. All radio, AC/Heat controls are easy to understand and utilze. Passenger room in this car is outstanding, you can really strech out and get comfortable. Getting ready to take it on a long trip so we will see how fuel milage is on the highway.

My Camry SE
By Wiggity on 12/06/07 15:32 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Toyota Camry SE V-6 is an outstanding and very good-looking vehicle. The body is quite breath-taking and all eyes are always on my vehicle.

Cruise Control Downshifting
By Downshifting on 12/05/07 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, a very good car. Love the styling, it's a real head turner. Good visability, though the side pillar gets in the way of good side visability when changing lanes. One annoyance worth noting - downshifting. I think the 5th gear is too low. They probably did that for fuel economy. When on cruise control on highway speeds, the car downshifts when going over minor hills and bridges. I wish there was an override.

Great family sedan
By Don on 12/04/07 08:10 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Roomy, fun to drive, good acceleration, lots of little conveniences, 5 speeds make a difference, love the "autolights" feature, mpg as listed.

Love the Camry
By Dan on 12/03/07 17:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has a smooth ride, plenty of power, great fuel economy for a six. I am so impressed with this car, this is my first Toyota. I have no problem comming out of and suv. This car is easy to drive with a real luxury drive. I feel safe and not overwhelmed with all the suv on the raods. I am averaging 23mpg on reg fuel mixed driving with more power than my bmw

Solid as Expected
By jefe_gonzo on 12/03/07 15:06 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota makes a solid vehicle--this is not news. The 08 Camry SE is large enough to be comfortable but still a nimble performer. Keeping true to Toyota form, the interior is closer to spartan than luxurious. It's well-laid out. Controls are easy to reach and more or less idiot-proof. The 4-banger has enough power to safely merge onto a busy highway or pass a fifth-wheel on a 2-laner. Its lines are clean, but a little ambiguous in light of the Accord. What the Camry lacks in a clear identity it makes up in its overall build quality. All in all, a great car. Won't turn many heads, but it also won't make your head spin at the gas pump.

Cruise Control
By GregG on 11/26/07 17:10 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car overall. I was driving a 1995 Avalon, so replacing my car is a big deal. Going from a V6 to a V4 takes some getting used to. I think the overdrive gear is too low. On cruise control over a minor hill, the car downshifts (my Avalon NEVER did that.) I think they put a low gear for more fuel economy, but I would sure like an override to the constant down shifting. The car is a real head turner, I love the styling. The controls are neatly placed. The audio system has a jack for my portable tape player. I wish the audio system had both CD and cassette. Also, I am pleased that the car warms up fast in the morning (how did they do that?)

Cruise Control
By GregG on 11/26/07 17:10 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car overall. I was driving a 1995 Avalon, so replacing my car is a big deal. Going from a V6 to a 4cyl takes some getting used to. I think the overdrive gear is too low. On cruise control over a minor hill, the car downshifts (my Avalon never did that.) I think they put a low gear for more fuel economy, but I would sure like an override to the constant down shifting. The car is a real head turner, I love the styling. The controls are neatly placed. The audio system has a jack for my portable tape player. I wish the audio system had both CD and cassette. Also, I am pleased that the car warms up fast in the morning (how did they do that?).