2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My First New Car
By t_mazzullo on 02/14/11 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car from a Honda Dealership in Florida It had 42,000 Miles on it. Ive had it for about 3-4 months now and so far Ive changed the Oil and everything else had been checking out. Yesterday I noticed the Service Engine light on and today when I headed out to take it to Honda it was not on. Other than that no problems and this car is absolutly great. Ive never owned a new car before but im in love.

Camry - Expect Less and Be Happy
By red8xle on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Mine is fully factory loaded XLE V6 with even a manual rear shade. I own three Germans (E320, Audi A4, BMW X3), and I expected Camry to be equal or better quality. The rattles inside the dash are too much even at slow speeds along with dealer runaround. The smart key isn't always as smart as it's supposed to be. And, the GPS - save your money, buy a Nuvi, Magellan or even a cheap one at the Shack. The GPS directions cannot be modified unless you come to a complete stop, not even by the passenger. That's one $1200 annoyance. Overall interior finish appears and feels cheap. Passenger power seat stays too low and short persons don't like riding in it. A good road car, not for city driving.

Never Again
By chip schell on 02/17/10 15:27 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After about 12,000 miles, this car started to fall apart. Rattles everywhere. Have replaced the steering column, brakes and rotors already before 32k miles. Problems with loud rattles in sunroof mounting. Misaligned fender. Busted trim. The antenna in the roof was disconnected and rattled. They have had to take the dash apart to fix rattles that are still there. AC smelled horrible. Suspension is noisy and squishy. All Toyota can say is sorry, but cars have problems. Have had it in the shop 12 times in the last 15 months. So much for Toyota quality. This doesn't even include any of the issues associated with the recall. I can't get rid of this car soon enough.

Should have got the Fusion
By Me on 04/30/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Regret buying the car. Wish I would have gone with the car I really liked, the Ford fusion, because the Camry is not as good as they are made out to be. Not a cool car at all and not really reliable.

Better and better
By waynecarsen on 02/23/09 17:45 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2007 and had many problems, the 2008 is great, they resolved many of the issues on the 2007s. Noisy brakes, dash squeaks, transmission. I have had no problems at all. I do not drive much any more but I am very happy with the car.

Love it
By baseball mom on 12/07/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2 Camrys in the past. All base models. Wanted to upgrade and got this one loaded. V6 is great. Has great get up with no hesitation. If you are going to buy a Camry, go with the V6. So much fun to drive. I have to hide my keys so my husband, who has a 2008 Chevy HD diesel, won't take my car. Also get an average of 31 mpg.

Great Car
By Elliot on 10/11/08 18:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a great car, love the features, fuel efficient V6, safety features, and overall quality!

Love my Camry
By Edith McGlynn on 07/11/08 03:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Realtor a previous Cadillac prior to buying my Camry. I love the way my Camry handles, comfort, quiet running and affordable ownership. The price of gas is even more reason to own the wonderful automobile. This is the first time I have ever owned a smaller vehicle. Thank you Toyota for your superior service.

2008 XLE V6 Camry
By Kirby Thomson on 06/29/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A really good car that really shines the more we drive. Both a good car for in city driving and getting 25 mpg or better with A/C in summer driving. Best on highway was 34 mpg with no A/C in cooler weather. Ultra smooth 6-speed auto trans with the V6 makes a car jump on the highway with a breeze. Just wish had the handling of our previous Acura TL but we love not having to purchase premium fuel. Size is perfect for wife taste and big enough for the 6-2 foot son in back seat. A good buy for us with our needs and hope to keep a long time so reliability was important.

2008 My camry
By cam_guy on 06/29/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the Camry is a great car, I have many Camrys over the past 20 years. The ride is what I want, handling is good too. I feel Toyota is slipping in overall quality. The finish inside has cheapened, but it's little better on the 08 then the 07. The Bluetooth system stinks in my opinion, will not recognize my verbal commands very well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.