Used 2008 Toyota Camry SE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love my Camry!
By KyleeAnn

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Could not have chosen anything better at this point. Feels safe, drives beautifully, and looks like a Lexus GS. This is a great car!

Favorite Features

Stereo, comfort, space, smooth ride!!

Best buying experiance ever
By B

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several other import cars in the past mostly Honda's. This was my first Toyota. I am sure glad I went to the dealer to look. I went in and they had the car pulled up. The car was warm inside and it was like the seat just grabbed on to me. It could adjust several different ways and with the telescoping wheel it felt perfect. We took it around the block and it handle like it was a sports car. I could not believe how quiet it was compared to my other cars I have had in the past. The white outside with the dark leather set it off just right. I have had the car almost a year and I like sometimes to just hop in and drive it still. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

I really like the power with good mileage. I also like the blue tooth. Its real handy. Also it had an adapter to run my iPod in the car

Suggested Improvements

To make the navigation a little simpler to operate and set it up so I can change locations well i drive.

Love my V6 SE
By Joanne

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used from a reputable dealer in my area. It was a repossession with 10,000 miles on it. It is loaded with everything imaginable. Leather, sunroof, V6 3.5L, 6 speed trans, and a rare body ground effects kit w/spoiler & skirt. Chrome everything, bluetooth, remote start, fog lights. I absolutely love it. Talk about fast, 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds, and the gas mileage is amazing. The heated leather seats are the best, and the many seat adjustments make my driving experience a pleasure. If I had to buy this car again, I would never go back to a four cyl. car or a car with cloth seats. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Exterior body styling/trim. V6 3.5L engine (268 horsepower). 6 speed transmission. Sunroof .Chromed dual exhaust. Actually I have too many favorites to list.

Suggested Improvements

The only things I would suggest would be less options for headlamp settings. Sometimes I'm not sure if my lights are on or off.

Great car!
By Phil

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After two decades of driving SUVs I finally gave in to high gas prices and bought a vehicle with better mileage. I spent way too much time on the internet researching and then test driving different cars before choosing the Camry. After owning my Camry SE V6 for six momnths I have no regrets. I chose the SE because I liked the tighter sport suspension. The V6 provides very good power yet I get an average of 28 MPG with mostly highway driving. Another plus; I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit comfortably in this car. I commute 60 miles round trip to work and truely enjoy driving this vehicle. I don't miss my SUV, if I need a larger vehicle for a day to haul more people or stuff I'll just rent one.

Favorite Features

I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit in this car. Plus powerful V6, great (and quite) ride and handles great. Also very good mileage for a V6.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice to have a standard trip computer in the SE. Also the center head rest on the back seat blocked my view in the rear view mirror so I removed it.

2008 Toyota Camry SE V6
By Black08SEV6

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Camry to replace my 04 Miata (loved my car, but to have a car pmt and buy premium gas once a week - small tank; 190-220 miles before empty). For economic purposes I bought my Camry but insisted on the more adolecent SE V6 trim. I love the look of the car, the aggressive front end, everything about it. I do not regret my purchase one bit. My sunroof squeaked over bumps, but a quick dealer visit fixed it (there's a TSB).

Favorite Features

Styling, smooth V6.

Suggested Improvements

MORE TRD PARTS!! Only springs and an airfilter are available.