2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Disappointing
By Georgesparks on 09/06/10 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth ride but headrest is so uncomfortable I had to reverse it. Dash control background is black - looks like a black hole in many situations. Somehow, I can never get the seat position 'perfect' to be comfortable. I wish speedometer was labeled in 10 mph increments, its very easy to go faster than you thought and get a ticket. A pain to reach for seat belt - it manages to get stuck behind door frame somehow. 5 speed is a dream to drive, shifts perfectly. Great car with minor but continual small irritations.

did not like
By hated it on 09/17/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in Feb 08 and traded it in in Sept 08. The hesitation at take offs and the up and down shifting of the transmission were getting on my nerves. It easily cames out of over- drive to get up a small hill. If you did not take off slowly, the car had a dead spot and then the car would take off. A lot of complaints about this issue on the internet. I do 80% interstate driving and I struggled to get 22 mpg. The car rode nicely on smooth roads as well as handled well.

Average
By E.Crawley on 09/06/08 08:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience driving my new SE Toyota has been good and bad. However until a couple of months ago every thing was o.k. While driving my car I found it to be smooth and controllable. However I did not like that shaking in the car when I stopped the vehicle.

2008 Camry SE 4cyl
By Anthony on 07/26/08 23:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the SE because of the styling and expecting about the same MPG as my old 1998 Camry (24/30). I now have 8K miles on the car and consistently get 22 (combined). In my opinion the car is underpowered with the 4cyl. The engine hesitates when accelerating at slow speed and I must be careful when pulling out or into traffic. Road noise is a problem when using the built in blue tooth. I was warned by the Toyota salesman about the poor ride of the SE as compared the to LE, XLE, he was right.

First new car in 30 years.
By P. Kusch on 04/30/08 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Have no regrets about buying this car except some disappointment that the manual transmission gets a little worse fuel mileage than the automatic. I think a six spd. manual would be nice, but I realize few people who buy Camrys buy manuals.

Solid as Expected
By jefe_gonzo on 12/03/07 15:06 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota makes a solid vehicle--this is not news. The 08 Camry SE is large enough to be comfortable but still a nimble performer. Keeping true to Toyota form, the interior is closer to spartan than luxurious. It's well-laid out. Controls are easy to reach and more or less idiot-proof. The 4-banger has enough power to safely merge onto a busy highway or pass a fifth-wheel on a 2-laner. Its lines are clean, but a little ambiguous in light of the Accord. What the Camry lacks in a clear identity it makes up in its overall build quality. All in all, a great car. Won't turn many heads, but it also won't make your head spin at the gas pump.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
By Ryan on 11/16/07 20:47 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To keep this as brief as possible, don't buy the new Camry. I turned in an 02 Camry and I already miss it! The transmisson on my new Camry is sluggish and the steering doesn't connect with the car. I bought the Camry because I have had alot of friends tell me that "foreign" cars are of better quality. Man were they wrong... Toyota needs to recall this car and fix my transmisson once and for all.

2008 Camry
By Dennis Lauterbach on 09/12/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far after 100+ miles of driving, the Camry has the comfort, quietness and pep that the Camry is known for. There is no question that this car is rock solid. Toyota's quality with the unibody welding rather than the rivets by their competitors will make this another hit for Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.