Used 2008 Toyota Camry SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Disappointing
By Georgesparks

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth ride but headrest is so uncomfortable I had to reverse it. Dash control background is black - looks like a black hole in many situations. Somehow, I can never get the seat position 'perfect' to be comfortable. I wish speedometer was labeled in 10 mph increments, its very easy to go faster than you thought and get a ticket. A pain to reach for seat belt - it manages to get stuck behind door frame somehow. 5 speed is a dream to drive, shifts perfectly. Great car with minor but continual small irritations.

Smooth ride. Well built vehicle.

See above. Fix headrest, change dashboard controls background color, label speedo in 10 mph increments. I would love an aux. arm rest pad for center console.

did not like
By hated it

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in Feb 08 and traded it in in Sept 08. The hesitation at take offs and the up and down shifting of the transmission were getting on my nerves. It easily cames out of over- drive to get up a small hill. If you did not take off slowly, the car had a dead spot and then the car would take off. A lot of complaints about this issue on the internet. I do 80% interstate driving and I struggled to get 22 mpg. The car rode nicely on smooth roads as well as handled well.

Exterior look

Get rid of the sensor that causes the car to accelerate, which causes the take off problems

Average
By E.Crawley

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience driving my new SE Toyota has been good and bad. However until a couple of months ago every thing was o.k. While driving my car I found it to be smooth and controllable. However I did not like that shaking in the car when I stopped the vehicle.

My favorite features of the SE Toyota is the slim body.

If a person purchase a Sports car like the SE model I think it should only be a 6 cylinder. After all it is a sports model and it should have that fast pick-up

2008 Camry SE 4cyl
By Anthony

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the SE because of the styling and expecting about the same MPG as my old 1998 Camry (24/30). I now have 8K miles on the car and consistently get 22 (combined). In my opinion the car is underpowered with the 4cyl. The engine hesitates when accelerating at slow speed and I must be careful when pulling out or into traffic. Road noise is a problem when using the built in blue tooth. I was warned by the Toyota salesman about the poor ride of the SE as compared the to LE, XLE, he was right.

First new car in 30 years.
By P. Kusch

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Have no regrets about buying this car except some disappointment that the manual transmission gets a little worse fuel mileage than the automatic. I think a six spd. manual would be nice, but I realize few people who buy Camrys buy manuals.

Hoped for realiabilty, comfort, economy.

Better fuel consumption than the automatic.