Used 2008 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Warranty isn't worth the paper wrote w/
By Chelle

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Camry has been consuming oil it a serious extent, took to dealership they tear down my motor, tell me to bring receipts of oil changes to turn in on the extended warranty. Did that from the body shop it was changed in. Now the dealership doesn't want to fix the car and didn't even turn in my receipts for the warranty to cover the damage to the car. Carbon build up apparently means lack of oil change to them but to everyone who knows better its a common build up form low grade fuel, or rich air/fuel mixture. Watch your car and your dealership, they are border line criminals they way they try to justify making there money they are a joke and will go to court and be made to fix car!

Favorite Features

didn't research cars before i bought one. bought a Toyota on hearing "you can't beat a Toyota" from everyone. they were wrong since day one leaving the lot had problems, cd player tore up first day, oil consumption for no reason, not a very good car, poor dealership

Suggested Improvements

inspect the cars better when you send them down the line and before it makes it way to a dealership for someone to sink a lot of money into a bucket of bolts. the warranties aren't worth the paper or ink it took to print it! would not suggest Toyota to anyone for a good car

Transmission lag
By Ted

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The "fly by wire" feature has caused an annoying lag when reaching certain speeds. It's almost as if the car can't make up its mind what gear it should be in. It constantly downshift and hesitates. Sometimes the car stalls when I press the accelerator to pass another car. I'm scheduled for Arbitration with Toyota about this problem. Stay tuned.

Favorite Features

Can't think of many. The radio is awful as is the air conditioner. I guess the roominess is the best feature.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the "fly by wire". I had a 1995 Camry without it and drove it for thirteen years and 150,000 miles with no problems. Took the Altima for a test drive the other day and it performs like a dream.

Camry Problems
By 207roy04064

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Camry was sluggish and changed gears often. Cruise control varied 5 to 6 mph from actual setting. Traded this Camry 1 year after purchase. Bought it new 9/2007. Since purchase the CD player had to be replaced, did not pass state inspection because 4 struts were leaking. Then a front wheel bearing had to be replaced. This was a very unreliable car so I traded it in.

Favorite Features

One positive aspect is the trade in value was excellent and I did not lose too much on the trade-in.

Very very very dissapointed
By dissapointment

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd camry since 99 and probably my last. I've owned basically only Totyotas for the last 25 years, Land Cruisers, Corollas and Camrys and I've never been so dissapointed. The transmission, doesn't work properly, as well as the cruise control, the car shakes after 60 miles, the radio and CD player had to be excchanged, overall I am the proud owner of a NIGHT MARE!!!

Favorite Features

The looks

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Cruise Control, back lights of radio at night are tiring, the car drives terrible, noisy, etc.

My 2008 Camry
By Katie

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Camry LE. I love it so far. I like the brightness of the dashboard and the exterior design. It rides smoothly and I am still on the same tank of gas that the care came with and I purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Dashboard design, exterior design, size.

Suggested Improvements

Key pad on door. I loved it on my old car.