2008 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Warranty isn't worth the paper wrote w/
By Chelle on 07/06/10 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Camry has been consuming oil it a serious extent, took to dealership they tear down my motor, tell me to bring receipts of oil changes to turn in on the extended warranty. Did that from the body shop it was changed in. Now the dealership doesn't want to fix the car and didn't even turn in my receipts for the warranty to cover the damage to the car. Carbon build up apparently means lack of oil change to them but to everyone who knows better its a common build up form low grade fuel, or rich air/fuel mixture. Watch your car and your dealership, they are border line criminals they way they try to justify making there money they are a joke and will go to court and be made to fix car!

Transmission lag
By Ted on 10/15/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The "fly by wire" feature has caused an annoying lag when reaching certain speeds. It's almost as if the car can't make up its mind what gear it should be in. It constantly downshift and hesitates. Sometimes the car stalls when I press the accelerator to pass another car. I'm scheduled for Arbitration with Toyota about this problem. Stay tuned.

Camry Problems
By 207roy04064 on 09/30/08 04:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Camry was sluggish and changed gears often. Cruise control varied 5 to 6 mph from actual setting. Traded this Camry 1 year after purchase. Bought it new 9/2007. Since purchase the CD player had to be replaced, did not pass state inspection because 4 struts were leaking. Then a front wheel bearing had to be replaced. This was a very unreliable car so I traded it in.

Very very very dissapointed
By dissapointment on 12/23/07 17:05 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd camry since 99 and probably my last. I've owned basically only Totyotas for the last 25 years, Land Cruisers, Corollas and Camrys and I've never been so dissapointed. The transmission, doesn't work properly, as well as the cruise control, the car shakes after 60 miles, the radio and CD player had to be excchanged, overall I am the proud owner of a NIGHT MARE!!!

My 2008 Camry
By Katie on 11/01/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Camry LE. I love it so far. I like the brightness of the dashboard and the exterior design. It rides smoothly and I am still on the same tank of gas that the care came with and I purchased it 2 weeks ago. I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.