2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love my Camry!
By KyleeAnn on 08/26/09 15:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Could not have chosen anything better at this point. Feels safe, drives beautifully, and looks like a Lexus GS. This is a great car!

Best buying experiance ever
By B on 12/22/08 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several other import cars in the past mostly Honda's. This was my first Toyota. I am sure glad I went to the dealer to look. I went in and they had the car pulled up. The car was warm inside and it was like the seat just grabbed on to me. It could adjust several different ways and with the telescoping wheel it felt perfect. We took it around the block and it handle like it was a sports car. I could not believe how quiet it was compared to my other cars I have had in the past. The white outside with the dark leather set it off just right. I have had the car almost a year and I like sometimes to just hop in and drive it still. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Love my V6 SE
By Joanne on 12/04/08 06:51 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used from a reputable dealer in my area. It was a repossession with 10,000 miles on it. It is loaded with everything imaginable. Leather, sunroof, V6 3.5L, 6 speed trans, and a rare body ground effects kit w/spoiler & skirt. Chrome everything, bluetooth, remote start, fog lights. I absolutely love it. Talk about fast, 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds, and the gas mileage is amazing. The heated leather seats are the best, and the many seat adjustments make my driving experience a pleasure. If I had to buy this car again, I would never go back to a four cyl. car or a car with cloth seats. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone.

Great car!
By Phil on 06/22/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After two decades of driving SUVs I finally gave in to high gas prices and bought a vehicle with better mileage. I spent way too much time on the internet researching and then test driving different cars before choosing the Camry. After owning my Camry SE V6 for six momnths I have no regrets. I chose the SE because I liked the tighter sport suspension. The V6 provides very good power yet I get an average of 28 MPG with mostly highway driving. Another plus; I'm over 6 feet tall and I fit comfortably in this car. I commute 60 miles round trip to work and truely enjoy driving this vehicle. I don't miss my SUV, if I need a larger vehicle for a day to haul more people or stuff I'll just rent one.

2008 Toyota Camry SE V6
By Black08SEV6 on 05/20/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Camry to replace my 04 Miata (loved my car, but to have a car pmt and buy premium gas once a week - small tank; 190-220 miles before empty). For economic purposes I bought my Camry but insisted on the more adolecent SE V6 trim. I love the look of the car, the aggressive front end, everything about it. I do not regret my purchase one bit. My sunroof squeaked over bumps, but a quick dealer visit fixed it (there's a TSB).

A lot of fun, but...
By Sammycamry on 03/26/08 08:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I only have about 500 miles on the car and so far I love it but it is a rattle trap with a lot of unnecessary noises from interior of car. My seatbelt squeaks, I have several rattles coming from headliner. On the positive side, this car is a beast!!! I cannot say enough about how fast this thing is! I hope the dealership can iron out my compaints and let me love this car!!

Impressed
By Impressed on 03/11/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I turned in leased BMW530i, and got the camry. Guess what? I was very impressed. Very comfortable inside, feels very luxurious. I test drove the 2005 Lexus ES300. The XLE with leather is very very close to the older model of ES300. I love the blue tooth function. The rear sunshade is also great. Lots of storage room. I do have some issues with the performance. The car wont "go" at the stop sign, and the engine makes a lot of noise when accelerate. Also, the gas mileage doesn't seem to be too good. I average 22 so far in the first half tank of gas.

Another Great car from Toyota
By love it on 02/17/08 07:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had the car for 3 weeks - 700 miles. First tank of gas I got 23.5mpg, second I got 25. Oil filter is a little different on the v6. It is a cartridge element, not a spin on filter. This makes for a really clean oil change. Leather seat with Liquicell are amazingly comfortable. The ride is remarkable - very quiet and noninvasive. Transmission shifts confidently and correctly. It does NOT "hunt" of gears. Camry v6 is really quick. Originally wanted JBL sound until I heard the standard cd - there is no need to upgrade.

What a MISTAKE
By Jeff Noone on 01/10/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the looks of this car, but soon after buying it, I began to regret it. What a nightmare. This car does not shift correctly. It jerks and then hesitates. Sometimes it downshifts when it shouldn't, sometimes it flares up and accelerates. Very very dangerous!!!

Good Value
By Real on 01/02/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven the Lexus 400 Series since 1991 and have just purchased a 2008 Toyota Camry SE V6, and the car is excellent. It's not the Lexus flagships I used to drive, but close & I have more money left in pocket which puts a smile on my face.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Camry in NJ is:

$219 per month*