2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Beautiful but shakey
By rar2 on 07/24/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this brand new 2008 LE V6 at the end of 2008. Within a week the seat and steering wheel would vibrate when driving 65-75 on the highway 30 miles to get to work. Also had issues with the bluetooth. Brought in repeatedly. Eventually a TSB was sent out by Toyota regarding vibration/shudder after months of complaining, but it didn't completely resolve the issue. Toyota Rep insists it's the way Camry is designed. Had Honda's for 20 years, first toyota, incredibly disappointed. Do not feel safe. Also experience transmission hesitation as others.

The 4th Time IS a FLOP!
By Beyond Disappointed on 11/11/08 11:02 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 3 Camrys-1991,1995 & 2004; due to satisfactory previous ownership history - I made HUGE mistakes in making this purchase! Shopped all day online-made calls-night-time test drive-purchased car Saturday night. Week later realized-CHEAP BUILD & INFERIOR QUALITY of plastic material of interior, fabric, exposed metal & bolts on floor, downsized & eliminated compartments, eye/sunglass holder, small poorly designed seating-driver, passenger & rear-no elbow room-cramped interior, smaller trunk space, etc. Only 5'4 roof of car close to head. Cheap fabric on seat not sewn-just stuffed inside cheap plastic bucket of seat. Driver seat should be ergonomically correct-miserable drive.

Toyota Quality. Hmmmm.
By New2Toyota on 05/17/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2008 V6 LE since end of December '07. LOVED it as soon as I test drove it on the highway. Comfortable, well designed, best car I have owned to date. In February I noticed the transmission not shifting appropriately - seems to have a delay when I need to start off from a dead stop, also has trouble regulating itself right afterward, shifting late. Dealership says they see nothing wrong. The radio reception disintegrates when the rear window defroster is turned on. Crossed wires?

DO NOT BUY CAMRY I REPEAT
By Honest Opinion on 12/23/07 21:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a horrible car. All the talk about Toyota quality is really nothing more than marketing-hype. The so-called quality is NOT there. Rather, this car is riddled with many problems--some of which are really serious and dangerous. First, the transmission is really bad. It slips all the time and shifting is very poor. It could cause "unexpected" acceleration, and can cause serious accident. Second, the quality is bad. The gaps between parts (e.g., dash board) are wide and uneven. 1970 Dodge is probably better assembled than this. I've already visited the dealership three times because of various problems. Third, don't expect any fun in driving this car. Steering is very unresponsive.

Don't Like It
By Don't like it on 12/14/07 07:18 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Trade-in time for 2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 we really liked except for a known Camry feature - choppy transmission. Put together a features list, studied sedans/SUVs over 18 months. It came down to test driving 3: 2008 Camry LE V6, 2007 Honda Accord V6, 2008 Ford Taurus SEL. After driving the Taurus there was no comparison. It blows away the Camry. Better price too! Camry handled very nice but research/Toyota service tells us that the transmission hasn't changed. Camry's small inside compared to Taurus. Taurus is actually competing with the Avalon which it also blows away! Camry interior is cheaper/less attractive than our 2003 was. Toyota; while you were sleeping - Taurus came along!

Great car!
By Great car! on 10/29/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great family car and very comfortable. Rides great and the v-6 has plenty of power.

Another Camry
By high_speed_chase on 09/23/07 16:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our fourth Camry, but the first with a V6. We traded a 2007 Camry SE I4, and I am not disappointed. The 3.5 V6 is very smooth and powerful. It runs 0-60 and quarter mile times of the infamous 5.0 Mustang from the early 1990s, (in stock form of course). Gas mileage is within 1-2 MPG of the I4. 600 miles already racked up since Friday night.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.