2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
First Time
By Mike on 05/15/10 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Did a ton of research before deciding on this car. Traded a 2005 Highlander and got a fantastic deal I couldn't pass up. The only thing it doesn't have is the seat warmer, but here in Florida, not needed. It is the I4, runs great, smooth acceleration, braking is great. Drove home from the dealership on the turnpike...doing about 75-80 mph, ride was smooth. I must admit, I have to keep an eye on the speedometer as it's hard to tell how fast you are going the ride is so smooth. Interior design is great, very comfortable. My Highlander was a V6. I honestly don't notice the difference in power between the two.

Love the looks, but not the quality
By Linda(*65 on 12/22/08 05:16 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1998 4Runner and finally couldn't deal with the gas mileage anymore, so I traded it in for a top of the line XLE 4 cylinder. I LOVE the looks of this car, however, the quality is terrible compared to my 4Runner. TOO MANY squeaks, rattles and noises from everywhere in the car. I have also had transmission problems, but they have been fixed.

New Toyota Camry Transmission Problem
By Marc on 04/17/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car came with a defect in the software governing the transmission. The glitch causes a 3 - 4 second delay when rapid acceleration is needed. This is a safety hazard, and is the reason I strongly advise people to consider a different car manufacturer. Toyota has done nothing to address this issue, which I noticed immediately after driving off the new car lot. I did not test drive this car before signing the paperwork, but instead drove a test model "just like it" which did not have the glitch. The dealership and corporate office have shown an utter indifference, and deny that this is a safety concern. It IS a safety concern, so please consider a different manufacturer.

Great
By lee on 02/22/08 12:57 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded an 05 XLE 6c. for an 08 XLE 4c. and it has as much pep even on hills. Good gas mileage. I am very pleased with the car thus far.

Awesome Car
By Felix on 11/06/07 18:35 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've ever purchased. It's suspension is smooth, the 2.4 I4 has nice acceleration to match its fuel economy. The Camry's interior is very refined (in the XLE), and the upgraded 440 watt stereo system is great. Exterior styling is nice, and the overall build quality is perfect.

Best Value In America
By M Digman on 10/08/07 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great car, beautifully equipped with all the creature comforts you can want. As for economy, I'm beating the revised EPA MPG estimates by +4MPG in the city (25 vs. the 21 Estimate) and by +3 MPG on the highway, (34 actual vs. the EPA 31 estimate!). Beauty, styling, luxury and great gas mileage... I love this car!

Do Your Research!
By 08CamryXLE on 10/03/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 month and 1,000 miles I would have reservations about recommending this car. It looks great, and is overall fun to drive. The navigation, sound, and bluetooth operations make the car easy to drive. The interior is roomy and looks great. When merging into traffic on the second day of owning the car, I almost totalled the vehicle as there was NO response from the engine after pressing the accelerator. This happens constantly. Check nhtsa.gov for current reports. The dealer doublespeaks the issue. I also had defects in the paint that resulted in a repainted bumper. A taillight also didn't fit and required body shop work to fix.

Very happy with my 2.4L XLE
By Happy Owner on 09/15/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for a little over 2 weeks and am very happy with its pep, ride, styling, and the many standard features on the XLE. I came from a 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX, 2.7L 6 cyl. I was looking at the Hyundai Azera, Lincoln MKZ and the Toyota Avalon but the Camry won out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.