2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Uses Oil Between Changes
By jlechevalier on 07/29/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Camry uses 1/4 to 1/2 quart of oil per month. Toyota is aware of this widespread problem but has not issued a recall or set up a customer support program. Had this started during the first 5 years, there was a TBS (or something like that), but mine didn't start until around 60,000 miles last year, which seems to be the mileage at which this problem starts. I bought this car new - it had 6 miles on it, and all oil changes have been done. If the rings and pistons need to be replaced, which is the one solution the dealer came up with, the cost will be $3800.

Toyota is loosing ground to others
By camry20 on 04/08/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First and last time to buy Toyota brand. I have a 2008 Camry LE bought almost brand new. Since I got it I had few repairs I did not expect. First the U joint for the Steering wheel column right at 50K miles after the warranty expired. Few thousand miles later the left front Spring broken and paid another 900 $ to replace the spring and strut. Not to mention the engine starting to burn oil already at 50K miles too. I had a windstar few years back and had a spring broken and because Ford is having a concern for their customer's Safety they did have a recall on this problem. Toyota should not be even operating in NA when they do not care about those issues that could put drivers at risk

rear hub bearing to be replace at 36000
By dianad1 on 06/28/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

my car needs now hub bearings to be change at this low mileage to me. the dealer says is wear and tear and have to pay it.!!!!! ridiculous since there is no way i can brake as a driver the hub bearings. im trying to change my car i will never buy toyota again!!!!!

Mixed Feelings about this one...
By iownabuick on 06/21/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2008 Camry last October. I REALLY like this car, the Toyota Camry was something that I've always wanted. Someone in the latest review had mentioned they had to get their water pump replaced, I had to do the same. Fortunately they caught it when I got my oil changed, because my coolant reservoir tank was empty - good thing I have a warranty.... Then, the last few weeks I was hearing this really loud scraping noise - at first I hought it was my breaks, but turns out I need a center exhaust pipe.... won't know if that gets covered under the warranty until tomorrow...that's another story, wish I had enough space to tell you about the poor customer service I experienced.

Not Impressed
By kern on 08/23/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with only 15k miles on it. Previous lease and all oil changes were done at the dealer. Still had the new car smell. My previous car was over 11 yrs old so I think I was just in awe of having something newer. But after 3 wks of ownership, I am a bit disappointed. I have not made my first payment yet and the car needs a complete brake job, rotors and all. That is pretty disturbing for only 16k miles. Dome light is no longer working for some reason and I also noticed the trans slip that everyone is talking about. I dismissed it because my last car was a 6 cy. Thought I just had to get used to a 4 again. Now I see its not me, its the car.

Camry still a great car
By camryfan105 on 12/20/09 21:02 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for about a month or so, love the ride and the comfort it offers, the stereo, mp3 jack and all of that are great, the transmission is a little jumpy, and the car shudders around 40-50mph. All things considered a great car overall, the car floats down the road at 60mph, have to watch my speed sometimes. I have put about 4,000 miles on it in the short time due to long distance driving and its been great, 27mpg city and 31-32mpg highway fuel economy, can't beat that. Camry's have been in my family for years and are always great this one is no exception. My first Camry that I have owned by myself, and I love it.

What happened Toyota?
By kueker87 on 10/29/09 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 93 Camry and put over 250,000 miles on it. Loved it... So I upgraded to the new Camry expecting the same sort of reliability and quality, which I still expect to get, but the car does have a weird shuddering problem around speeds of 40-55 mph, especially going up hills. I took this to my dealership (very friendly) and they told me that is just what happens when you're trying to push a car up a hill at 1200-1500 rpm's at 40-55 mph, the engine has to "shake" a little to get up... The remedy is to drive in GEAR 4 when you're town driving - Drive in D on interstate. I haven't had an issue with the shuddering since. Toyota should still try and locate the problem and issue a recall.

Can't beat it
By Ross on 03/16/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For what I payed for it you can't beat it. From taking the kids to school practice etc.. the Camry is an excellent car. It is hushed and smooth on the highway. In the city (chicago) it absorbs the numerous bumps with no problem. For all of the people complaining about the performance. IT IS A V-4. If you wanted fast buy a mustang. Perfect everyday car. I am averaging 25mpg. Majority city driving. It is a great family car without the big sticker. Very safe car also. Has 6 airbags standard. Has an I-pod jack with 3 gig of storage for mp3's.

Good Choice
By Jim on 02/23/09 04:13 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 1st import. Went from SUVs, so realize that change. Comfortable ride to the grocery and up the east coast. Low road noise. Good gas economy. Good acceleration, especially for a 4 cyl. I'm 6'4", wife 5'4". We both fit well into the vehicle without problems, even the back seat. Sound system is very nice.

Not Satisfied
By Monica on 10/29/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I'm not impressed. The car is sluggish, transmission shifts often and has a very noticeable delay. I was also expecting BETTER MPG only get an average of 22.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.