Used 2008 Toyota Camry CE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not Toyotas Finest Effort
By Detectivejojima

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car overall is a good car for everyday transportation. Quiet, comfortable and reliable. Not exciting, nor fun to drive, but it does the job. Weak points are struts, which had to be replaced around 40k. Small leaks and very soft, just too soft, and not under warranty. Needed to replace power booster on brakes around 150k. First time on any car I've owned. Those are expensive fixes. Also, now at 175k mileage, smoke comes out of exhaust when 1st starting in morning, regardless of weather. My mechanic says oil burn, but oil does not drop between oil changes, so not much oil burn, if that is what is causing smoke. But still runs great, no other major problems and I guess it's been overall a reliable Toyota, but below my other experiences with my 5 other Toyotas over the years.

Buyer beware
By Hermania

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Camry new in 08. At 75,000 the engine blew. I took it to the dealer and they stated there is a design flaw in all Camrys in that they burn oil at a rate of 2 qts per 3000 miles. If you check your oil between changes you will discover this for yourself. It was in the dealership for 3 months and is still not running properly. Please take this advice and don't listen to the Toyota dealers. There is a serious design flaw in all Camrys. They are counting on you not checking the oil in between regular oil changes and before you realize it, blown engine. I was a big fan of the Toyota lines but now will not even consider buying one. I am not disgruntled by this experience , I just want to save others the headache of going thorough what I did. There are better choices out there. And by the way: all toyota service centers are crooked! Buyer beware.

Outlived any American car I ever owned!
By cooksfallskid

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned several brand new Chevys and NONE of them came close to the reliability of my 08 Camry. ALL of the Chevys I had ever owned were in need of major service before 30k. I regularly commute from Upstate NY and this car never gave me any trouble. I follow the owners manual and service it myself. Synth. oil from day 1. I will not let those butchers at the dealership touch this car. Aside from the normal wear and tear items it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I never had a car that had factory brakes last 100k! The only major component replaced was the water pump. I drive this car HARD and make regular trips to .FLA and NC 2 to 3 times a year with it. Toyota got it right this time

I drove the 4 cylinder automatic and then the 4 cylinder manual. Its like night and day! The 5 speed is a blast to drive. excellent acceleration. It will chirp the tires through third! The clutch has currently 139,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slippage or chatter. Once this car is rolling it goes! The Chevy Impala cannot keep up with it on top end (Most Chevys has a top speed limiter 103-107mph) I have had this up easily to 125 mph and pulled away from them.

One thing I find talking to other Camry owners, tire life is very very poor on this car. I have researched and bought the best tires I could afford. They will not last more than 2 1/2 -3 years or 35,000k. Even with regular alignment checks (every 6-8 months) in needs a slight tweaking every time and all front end parts are good.

Great Car for these times!!!
By firetem

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota. So far I haven't been disappointed. Very roomy and gas mileage is great.

Exterior styling. Roomy and mileage

Interior styling. What's up with the cheap plastic parts?

Awesome Car!!
By Timothy

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car 3 days ago and already put on 500 miles in those days. Quiet ride, comfort, cruise control, these are all things that sold me on this car!

MP3/WMA radio w/ aux input, COMFORT!! since i have a bad back, quiet ride,