Used 2008 Toyota Camry CE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Outlived any American car I ever owned!
By cooksfallskid

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned several brand new Chevys and NONE of them came close to the reliability of my 08 Camry. ALL of the Chevys I had ever owned were in need of major service before 30k. I regularly commute from Upstate NY and this car never gave me any trouble. I follow the owners manual and service it myself. Synth. oil from day 1. I will not let those butchers at the dealership touch this car. Aside from the normal wear and tear items it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I never had a car that had factory brakes last 100k! The only major component replaced was the water pump. I drive this car HARD and make regular trips to .FLA and NC 2 to 3 times a year with it. Toyota got it right this time

Favorite Features

I drove the 4 cylinder automatic and then the 4 cylinder manual. Its like night and day! The 5 speed is a blast to drive. excellent acceleration. It will chirp the tires through third! The clutch has currently 139,000 miles on it and shows no signs of slippage or chatter. Once this car is rolling it goes! The Chevy Impala cannot keep up with it on top end (Most Chevys has a top speed limiter 103-107mph) I have had this up easily to 125 mph and pulled away from them.

Suggested Improvements

One thing I find talking to other Camry owners, tire life is very very poor on this car. I have researched and bought the best tires I could afford. They will not last more than 2 1/2 -3 years or 35,000k. Even with regular alignment checks (every 6-8 months) in needs a slight tweaking every time and all front end parts are good.

Great Car for these times!!!
By firetem

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota. So far I haven't been disappointed. Very roomy and gas mileage is great.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling. Roomy and mileage

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling. What's up with the cheap plastic parts?

Awesome Car!!
By Timothy

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car 3 days ago and already put on 500 miles in those days. Quiet ride, comfort, cruise control, these are all things that sold me on this car!

Favorite Features

MP3/WMA radio w/ aux input, COMFORT!! since i have a bad back, quiet ride,

Suggested Improvements

none! great car!

Lovin' My Camry
By mn011890

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 18 years old, and this car is the first stick shift I have ever driven/owned and it was great to learn on. The performance is decent for a 4 cylinder, although it could be better. For me personally, the manual makes it blast to drive, but during sharp cornering there is quite a bit of body roll. Despite the body roll, handling still feels fairly secure. Gas mileage is good, I get about 21 mpg in the city. Perhaps my favorite part is the way it looks. The lines of the car are gorgeous, especially in the blue ribbon metallic color. If you want a car that looks good, is good on gas, has pretty good performance AND is cheap (got mine out the door for about 18k) then this is the car for you!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling fuel economy stereo (mp3/wma playback and aux input standard as well as great sound) fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The lower models need to come with an alarm/keyless entry and floor mats. Maybe a little more power for the 4 cylinder as well.

An Excellent Value
By Mathewsv0

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2008 Toyota Camry CE with the five speed manual transmission and I must say it is truly a pleasure to drive. The clutch has the right amount of travel, the shifting operation is smooth, and the power of the engine is great whether you're driving in the city or on the highway. The fit and finish of the interior is excellent with a lot of shoulder and head room. The seats are also positioned in a way that is very comfortable. In this price range it offers quite a bit. I'm only twenty years of age and I'm impressed with this car even though it is marketed towards a different crowd.

Favorite Features

The eighteen and a half gallon tank which translates into a long range, the fairly large 15 cubic foot trunk, the shifting operation which fits well in this car, the positioning of the controls, and the large storage compartments that are within the reach of the driver.

Suggested Improvements

I only have minor complaints and these are: the shape of the wheel well is designed in such a way that you're forced to buy mud flaps to prevent road debris from scratching your side fenders and the rear cup holders should not be in the armrest.