2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Uses Oil Between Changes
By jlechevalier on 07/29/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Camry uses 1/4 to 1/2 quart of oil per month. Toyota is aware of this widespread problem but has not issued a recall or set up a customer support program. Had this started during the first 5 years, there was a TBS (or something like that), but mine didn't start until around 60,000 miles last year, which seems to be the mileage at which this problem starts. I bought this car new - it had 6 miles on it, and all oil changes have been done. If the rings and pistons need to be replaced, which is the one solution the dealer came up with, the cost will be $3800.

Toyota is loosing ground to others
By camry20 on 04/08/14 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First and last time to buy Toyota brand. I have a 2008 Camry LE bought almost brand new. Since I got it I had few repairs I did not expect. First the U joint for the Steering wheel column right at 50K miles after the warranty expired. Few thousand miles later the left front Spring broken and paid another 900 $ to replace the spring and strut. Not to mention the engine starting to burn oil already at 50K miles too. I had a windstar few years back and had a spring broken and because Ford is having a concern for their customer's Safety they did have a recall on this problem. Toyota should not be even operating in NA when they do not care about those issues that could put drivers at risk

Good car for the money
By nlambert182 on 02/05/14 08:18 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in 2011 for my wife. It's a red Camry SE Sport edition with the 4 cylinder. Overall it's a good little car. We typically get 25mpg+ city driving. We bought it with 99k miles on it and it currently has 128k on it now. The only mechanical issue we've ever had was the left front wheel bearing failing and it cost less than $100 to repair at the dealership. The interior finish is a little disappointing, as the silver painted trim wears easily so we can see black plastic through some areas but overall held up well and it's comfortable to drive and extremely reliable. The 4 cylinders idle rough which we don't like, but confirmed this is normal on these cars and it runs fine.

Outlived any American car I ever owned!
By cooksfallskid on 01/10/14 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned several brand new Chevys and NONE of them came close to the reliability of my 08 Camry. ALL of the Chevys I had ever owned were in need of major service before 30k. I regularly commute from Upstate NY and this car never gave me any trouble. I follow the owners manual and service it myself. Synth. oil from day 1. I will not let those butchers at the dealership touch this car. Aside from the normal wear and tear items it is the most reliable car I have ever owned. I never had a car that had factory brakes last 100k! The only major component replaced was the water pump. I drive this car HARD and make regular trips to .FLA and NC 2 to 3 times a year with it. Toyota got it right this time

Good Car for the Money
By fatvette on 04/07/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought car new and currently has 82000 miles on it. Overall this has been an exceptional car for the money. Average around 25 mpg. It is the base model so it lacks some of the more refined features. With that said there are some annoyances. The slight steering shutter at highway speeds. You press the accelerator but there is a short delay then the car takes off. Uses around a 1/2 qt of oil between changes (5000 miles with Mobil 1). Blind spots. Base model is a little noisy at highway speeds. Original tires were awful. New GoodyearÂ’s are much better.

rear hub bearing to be replace at 36000
By dianad1 on 06/28/11 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

my car needs now hub bearings to be change at this low mileage to me. the dealer says is wear and tear and have to pay it.!!!!! ridiculous since there is no way i can brake as a driver the hub bearings. im trying to change my car i will never buy toyota again!!!!!

Mixed Feelings about this one...
By iownabuick on 06/21/11 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2008 Camry last October. I REALLY like this car, the Toyota Camry was something that I've always wanted. Someone in the latest review had mentioned they had to get their water pump replaced, I had to do the same. Fortunately they caught it when I got my oil changed, because my coolant reservoir tank was empty - good thing I have a warranty.... Then, the last few weeks I was hearing this really loud scraping noise - at first I hought it was my breaks, but turns out I need a center exhaust pipe.... won't know if that gets covered under the warranty until tomorrow...that's another story, wish I had enough space to tell you about the poor customer service I experienced.

Toyota Camrys Suck
By camrytoyosucks on 05/11/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have express the pain i feel to have bought a toyota 2008 Camry, my car is only 3 years only has 25,000 miles! I barely drive the thing because i work so close to my house....and now i have problems...the so called brake booster is broken and it cost 1,500 to repair! I have taken my car to the dealer since i bought it and now i get this...oh its "wear and tear"what they told me....its riduclous...i have to agree with the person below me...Toyota is making BAD CARS! Stop buying...i cant belive they are doing this to me...they offer to only pay the labor but i still have to pay the part which is $972!! For a car i barely drive and take care of since i bought it!!! I'm SOOOO DISAPPOINTED !!!

Never Again!
By jcollins2 on 05/03/11 15:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I would never purchase this car again. The number of (and cost of) repairs I've had to do is ridiculous! While under warranty, the following things were repaired/replaced: seal around the sunroof, seal around the windshield, & cd player. Two weeks ago, my water pump went out and had to be changed, along with the rotors. Now my air conditioning is broken, and the Toyota dealership is telling me that it will cost me $2,900 to repair it. In a three week time period, I will have to invest $3,700 into a car that is 3 years old and has 70,000 miles. I bought a Toyota thinking I would get a good car for the money I spent. I was absolutely wrong! I will not purchase another Toyota!

My First New Car
By t_mazzullo on 02/14/11 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the car from a Honda Dealership in Florida It had 42,000 Miles on it. Ive had it for about 3-4 months now and so far Ive changed the Oil and everything else had been checking out. Yesterday I noticed the Service Engine light on and today when I headed out to take it to Honda it was not on. Other than that no problems and this car is absolutly great. Ive never owned a new car before but im in love.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.