Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not Toyotas Finest Effort
By Detectivejojima

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car overall is a good car for everyday transportation. Quiet, comfortable and reliable. Not exciting, nor fun to drive, but it does the job. Weak points are struts, which had to be replaced around 40k. Small leaks and very soft, just too soft, and not under warranty. Needed to replace power booster on brakes around 150k. First time on any car I've owned. Those are expensive fixes. Also, now at 175k mileage, smoke comes out of exhaust when 1st starting in morning, regardless of weather. My mechanic says oil burn, but oil does not drop between oil changes, so not much oil burn, if that is what is causing smoke. But still runs great, no other major problems and I guess it's been overall a reliable Toyota, but below my other experiences with my 5 other Toyotas over the years.

Buyer beware
By Hermania

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Camry new in 08. At 75,000 the engine blew. I took it to the dealer and they stated there is a design flaw in all Camrys in that they burn oil at a rate of 2 qts per 3000 miles. If you check your oil between changes you will discover this for yourself. It was in the dealership for 3 months and is still not running properly. Please take this advice and don't listen to the Toyota dealers. There is a serious design flaw in all Camrys. They are counting on you not checking the oil in between regular oil changes and before you realize it, blown engine. I was a big fan of the Toyota lines but now will not even consider buying one. I am not disgruntled by this experience , I just want to save others the headache of going thorough what I did. There are better choices out there. And by the way: all toyota service centers are crooked! Buyer beware.

My sun visor broken
By VU Hanh

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My sun visor broken when I driving and I get car accident , I m so scare what happen for next time

Done with Toyota Never Again!!!!
By Susan Polillo

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Camry was purchased with 9K in Sept of that year. I keep up with usual maintenance It just turned 88K and unfortunately have had 3 sets of tires(including original), numerous wheel alignments...to which they say accord to specs its fine but every time I drive off lot it pulls to the left or right?!..... constant vibration with steering..... to which always Toyota or other mechanics say its fine!?!? Horrible at acceleration from starting off and switching lanes! Since summer of 2014, repairs/replacements on the following....2 front wheel bearing hubs shot, right driver cv axle, power steering line, trans leak at drive shaft, was burning oil(Toyota fix through semi recall) and was just informed my front trans mount needs replacement!!! Oh and the sunroof casing squeaks like crazy!!! Plus the paint is the worst on this car!!!!!! I am beyond fet up!!!!! The only positive thing about this car is the body style and gas mileage.

Easy To Choose
By tyoater

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When it comes to picking a midsize sedan for a family of 3 or 4, Toyota makes it simple. The popular Toyota Camry proves year in and year out why America relies on Toyota's bread and butter sedan.

Comfort....yep, it's there. The Camry suspension is one of it's signature features that people like. It's not meant to give a sporty, low to the ground race-car feel, but rather a comfortable, quiet, and tranquil ride.

Speed....the 3.5l V6 provides a generous 268hp. Pickup is impressive with a 0-60 in under 7 seconds.

Roominess...This is Toyotas roomiest Camry to date. No problem hauling 4-5 people comfortably in this vehicle.

Dollar for dollar the Camry can't be beat!

3.5l V6 engine Quiet cabin Roomy Comfortable ride Roomy trunk

Not so attractive stereo and heating/ac console