2007 Toyota Camry 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Upsetting Mediocrity

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Upsetting Mediocrity
By James on

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car used in December 08 for my daughter's birthday. I heard they were reliable and held their value well. My daughter had no complaints for the first few months. Then, the infamous pedal sticking problem occurred. Thankfully, my daughter was not in an accident. After this happened, I let Toyota know about it and they finally came up with a new pedal system that was absolutely terrible, way too jittery and makes you either accelerate too fast and slip A LOT or go extremely slow and watch everyone pass you. The interior is austere, exterior is alright, fuel economy is not that impressive for a Camry. It is not all that comfortable inside. Overall, the car is average or even below.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling is nice enough for modern society, holds resale value, pretty good sounding audio system, like the added auxiliary port.

Suggested Improvements

Pedal replacements are absolutely terrible, poor ergonomics for taller drivers like myself (6'3"). Starting to doubt the car's "legendary reliability". Both my 08 Tahoe and my wife's 09 C- Class are much better. My daughter does not like this car and we are looking to trading it in for something else.