Still happy
By Quitepleased on
2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Just passed 80,000 miles and still drives like new. Three issues though; first of all, never use 0w20 oil. My lifters have been tapping ever since I did. Second, I had to replace my brakes after only 8 months. Since then, drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads still have 50% on them. Third, what the heck is up with the tires? I was literally forced to purchased sports car tires for this sedan! The originals lasted 70k but now I have 40k warranty tires that cost more than the originals AND I've lost an average of 6 mpg! This is stupid!
Favorite Features
Ride and handling is better than my Lexus GS300! I used to be impressed with the 26 mpg average but now it's usually around 20 mpg.
Suggested Improvements
Stop requiring tires intended for fast, sporty cars! I want my 600+ tread wear rating (80k warranty)!
By jbm425
on 02/01/13 21:19 PM (PST)

I agree with the comment about 0W20 oil. I bought a used 2007 Camry LE in 2010 (Toyota Certified) and at my first oil change I asked the Toyota dealer about it. They said they routinely use 5W20. The 0W20 is for higher mileage because it offers less resistance, but that comes at a price... more engine wear. I'll sacrifice a couple MPG for reliability and longer wear.