So Far, So Good!
By jbm425 on
2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought a Toyota Certified 2007 Camry LE in 2010. I wanted economy in a more roomy package, and reliability. I took advantage of the controversy with all the recalls that year and got my car for a couple thousand less than it would have otherwise sold for without it. I also bought the extended warranty for peace of mind, and I get the oil changed and general service every 5K. So far, the car has been a champ. It may be a bit on the "vanilla" side from a performance and styling standpoint, but it's lived up to the Toyota reputation for quality. The only problem I've encountered are occasional hiccups with the Bluetooth, but not frequent enough to require service.
Favorite Features
The trunk is very roomy, and it's very comfortable for one driver, yet with a larger 4-cyl engine I get a reasonable sweet spot of economy and performance. The Camry with a 4-banger won't win drag races, but the 0-to-60 time is measured in seconds and not minutes... it gets out of its own way easily. The dashboard is clean and easy to read, and there are lots of useful storage cubbyholes and a very usable armrest storage. Performing routine servicing of engine fluids is easy.
Suggested Improvements
Only really annoying thing is the 12V accessory outlet: it will not charge when the engine is off. This is important because my devices take a long time to charge off that outlet. Compromise: have a timer to cut off charging 30 minutes after the engine is off. Another petty complaint: coat the under-hood latch with yellow or red vinyl to make it easier to find the latch once the hood is popped.