definitely a lemon!
By jsusanmay on
2007 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Bought the car brand new, took good care of it, maintenance @ the delear ets.., thought I was getting the best value for my money, not so! after 5 years & 54k miles, the gages on my 2007 camry go haywire after I turn on the A/C and/or the radio , the ABS light, the hand break light comes on, also the RPM needle moves erratically, even the dealer cannot dignose the problem, never again will I buy another Toyota car.
By ddenore
on 08/13/13 12:03 PM (PDT)

This is my second Toyota and the first was a Corolla that last me for a period of 12/13 years. When it began to have major problems, I slightly upgraded and bought the 2007 Toyota Camry LE vehicle brand new with maybe 3 miles on it. A year into owning the car without any major problems with the exception of the recalls, I am now experiencing the same problem. The ABS & Brake light comes on/off, RPM needle stops then moves erratically, lights indicating whether the car is in Drive, Neutral, Reverse, etc. turn off/on. This happens when the vehicle is in motion then it will go back to normal. Because of this, I took my vehicle into the Dealers for a regular maintenance and to also diagnose the problem. After a whole day of looking at my car, I was told that a quarter was removed from the steering wheel area and that could have interfered with the wires in the dash. Once I left the area the problem persist, so I took it to another Car Repair Shop and they immediately told me it could be the ABS Console and to take it back to the Dealers as codes need to be input therefore only they can fix it.…. After a second time at the Dealers it took them two days to tell me the same exact diagnoses the other Car Repair Shop came up with. Replacement of the ABS Actuator Assembly will cost almost $2,000.00. This is a great disappointment as I take very good care of my car with the maintenance and minor repairs. I thought I would be able to enjoy at least a couple more years of my car without any major problems. I feel the same way…..What a lemon!!!! This definitely has an effect on how I now feel about Toyota Cars…They sure are not making them like they use to…. As the Dealers will not put in a rebuilt/used part I was wondering if anyone knew of a Car Repair shop that specializes in Toyotas in the greater Los Angeles area that could fix this problem.