Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car
By A. Hampton

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. The build quality is excellent. The performance is unbelievable! Overall, a great car!

Favorite Features

Build quality is amazing Rapid acceleration (v6)

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if center console armrest locked in place.

Design flaws
By own no more

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this the 4th toyota i have owned and probably the last. i drive 90% highway miles (hint zero to none use of brakes) and had to replace the rotors and pads at 14,000 miles. Door rattles, 4cyl lacks power for the hills of PA worst when AC is on, but my biggest peeve is when descending down hills at almost any speed the car down shifts into 4th gear and then into 3rd which sends the rpm so high that the pistons could shoot through the hood, not good at all for the motor. i know what Toyota would say that it is to help in braking but i'd rather replace brakes than a motor. will i buy a Toyota again? not likely?

Favorite Features

body style

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower for AC and stop the down shifting into 3rd.

Loved my Camry
By jpj1707

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to part with my beloved Camry SE V6 yesterday. Need a truck for the utility but hated to let the Camry go. This car served me well for 3 years and 82,000 miles without any serious trouble. I will miss this car because of the compliant ride, handling of the SE suspension, fuel economy, and comfortable cabin. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned and I am sad to see her go.

Favorite Features

SE suspension package, V6 power, fuel economy, value for the money, Toyota reliability

Suggested Improvements

on occasion, at low speeds, the transmission would have to find itself before the car would accelerate back to speed

Best ever built
By jimmy

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Camry new & I gotta say we really really love it, being in the auto body business for 25 years I know what fit & finish really mean & this car for the $$ is well worth the price the safety features & fuel economy aside from the well know for reliability promise the Toyota brand stands for is absolutely a great buy. We plan on keeping this car for a very very long time, been to fla. with it and drives with confidence !

Favorite Features

The icy cold a/c, great fuel economy, always always starts. Everything works well. Nothing beats reliability & safety !

Suggested Improvements

the shifter gets in the way of the cup holders ,the 4 cyl. needs a bit more power.could also use some nice body side moldings as standard equip.an upgrade in front brake rotors would be nice, the originals warped @ 15k not a biggie though you can buy a great set of air cooled for around 90 dollars .

LE V6 189K Update
By Mike Krahn

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After i hit 189K the transmission went out. The engine still runs very strong, but it to needs to have two out of the four fuel air sensors replaced which would be $200.00 for one and $300.00 the other two if and when they would go out also cost $$$. The transmission dealer told me it would be around $3100.00 to fix trans, but the car is only valued at around $2000.00 to $4500.00 because of the mileage. I drove the car mostly on the highway putting on around 40K to 50K each year. Just pickup my new 2011 Camry 4 with a 6 speed trans LE model. Will update on this one soon, but as far as the old one goes she was good to me overall. Read the other reviews that i wrote from the beginning for info

Favorite Features

V6 fast along with good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see something done to protect the paint from chips. It seems to come off to easy. Water base paint. New Camry comes out for 2012 will have to see what is in store for this new model.