Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 673 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

TRANSMISSION DISASTER/FLAWED
By janda225

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car appeared be be a great vehicle initially. I began to have problems with the transmission early on, but the dealership advised nothing was wrong. Now that I have 120,000 mile on it and out of warranty, they recommend a new transmission. The durability on the flawed designed transmission makes the vehicle a liability at this point. I've read several reviews with the same story. Toyota should have recalled this transmission. That is probably why they changed designs for future models. At this point, I would not recommend anyone to purchase this model vehicle or any other Toyota. It is not a reliable vehicle as they use to advertise. It's garbage. Now I have to spend $4400 on a new trans

Outside appearance was nice.

Recall the transmission for this vehicle. The passenger side airbag panel keeps falling.

2007 Camry v6 XLE
By clozer1

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I sell cars for a living and have for the last 40 years.
In the 80s it was all honda, nothing else measured up.
Now I sell Toyotas.
I never purchase new because of the depreciation. I am purchasing a used 2007 Toyota Camry, one owner with 149000 miles on it.
The car is brand new inside and out and themileage doesn't bother me at all.
It has been checked out by a master Toyota Technician and I am not scared at all because of the miles.
People who look at a car and back off of it because of mileage are missing the boat when it comes to a good deal on a valuable piece of merchandise.
Toyota is the Manufacturer of the last decade with fit and finish and value. Don,t be afraid to buy one.

2007 Camry Hybrid With 88,500 miles
By jmcneely

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned...ever! In warmer weather it delivers 45 mpg, in winter 41 mpg. Taken it back to the dealer for oil/filter changes since new; every 3K-5K miles. Drive 97 miles per day commuting to work, mostly highway. Water pump went out at 65K miles, the hybrid drive battery at 72K miles. Dealer ate the labor, I paid $200 for the pump. Toyota covered main hybrid battery completely. Have never changed the brakes. Plan to keep the car forever.

JBL CD changer stereo fantastic. Connect my Droid phone with MP3 cable and play Pandora. Very happy with efficiency of the Hybrid. With gas prices as they are, the high mileage has saved me about half on a typical fuel bill, for five years.

Some of the interior plastic panels have popped out. The drivers seat has not held up to wear as I would have hoped, however I am a big guy; 280 pounds.

2007 SE Toyota Camry
By jablusonata

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very dissappointed with the 07' SE Toyota Camry.
I purchased new and it currently has about 65k.
So far I had the rotars resurfaced; reset the right front end fender; and after replacing factory tires, the back of the veicles makes a loud metal rubbing sound. I have taken it back to the dealer and the tire store and they both are unable to "duplicate" the noise.
I wish I could get a straight answer.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
This is the 1st Toyota that I have ever had problems with.

Exterior design, leg room; trunk space.

Comfort, longevity of vehicle maintenance, longer warranty period.

About to put on 4th SET of tires and only have 72,000 miles on car
By lucy123

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my camry off the showroom floor.
It is a 2007 SE.
Less than one year from the date of purchase I found myself back in the dealership to purchase NEW tires.
The dealer gave me a "discount" and said the factory tires were "softer" therefore wearing out faster.
Since then, I have put on 2 more sets of tires, ONE set per year and I in less than a month, I will have to purchase my 4th SET of tires! These tires are not cheap! I bought the camry because of the low maintenance reputation.
I was wrong!
Did I mention that I have had the two front bearings go out and a water pump?
YES....my 2007 Camry SE is a LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The outside looks great. No complaints with the interior.

Something is wrong with the suspension design.