Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 675 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Bad quality
By amarka01

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Toyota Camry based on quality reputation.
We have 2001 Highlander also.
Begining there were recalls (leak above driver side visor let water in, gas pedal/accelerator/floor mat issue, VVT (sp?) hose, transmission slippage).
At 89K miles water pump broke. Dealer said it's $1,400 to replace as V6 models have major labor to remove engine parts to get at pump.
I had replaced Ols Intrigue that had same issue at 105K miles and was much cheaper to replace.
Will not buy Toyota again...will go with Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, or Hundai Sonata.

Very quite ride which was one of reasons I bought it.

Fix the bad quality. 2007 was new design year and it showed...lots of problems.

Expensive plain car W/o any added benifit
By mb4life

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Its an expensive commuter/ beater car. Honestly, for the price they charge and what you get, you could find a much funner and more responsive car to drive with a LOAD more features standerd than this. Ive been driving my brother 07 Camry LE and, besides being zippy around town, the positives stop there.

The car has 39k on it as of 2012 and, the water pump is going out on it. The paint is HORRIBLE and started flaking when my brother washed it on the front bumper. For the same price, you could get a much better car with a way better warrenty and features. The car has horrible steering and the throttle system is so annoying, it basically feather the throtle for you

zippy ness

C'mon Toyota really?! your cars are paper thin, the paint is horribly thin and if Im spending 18K I want alot more features. Auto up and down windows on both front window I mean c'mon alot of features have become standered in most cars these days but Toyota thinks that having power locks/ windows and a CD player is still in the 'top features. Get real. I would never waste my money. All cars will last as long as a toyota and, I dont want to be driving a half primer car for 5 years.

TRANSMISSION DISASTER/FLAWED
By janda225

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car appeared be be a great vehicle initially. I began to have problems with the transmission early on, but the dealership advised nothing was wrong. Now that I have 120,000 mile on it and out of warranty, they recommend a new transmission. The durability on the flawed designed transmission makes the vehicle a liability at this point. I've read several reviews with the same story. Toyota should have recalled this transmission. That is probably why they changed designs for future models. At this point, I would not recommend anyone to purchase this model vehicle or any other Toyota. It is not a reliable vehicle as they use to advertise. It's garbage. Now I have to spend $4400 on a new trans

Outside appearance was nice.

Recall the transmission for this vehicle. The passenger side airbag panel keeps falling.

2007 Camry v6 XLE
By clozer1

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I sell cars for a living and have for the last 40 years.
In the 80s it was all honda, nothing else measured up.
Now I sell Toyotas.
I never purchase new because of the depreciation. I am purchasing a used 2007 Toyota Camry, one owner with 149000 miles on it.
The car is brand new inside and out and themileage doesn't bother me at all.
It has been checked out by a master Toyota Technician and I am not scared at all because of the miles.
People who look at a car and back off of it because of mileage are missing the boat when it comes to a good deal on a valuable piece of merchandise.
Toyota is the Manufacturer of the last decade with fit and finish and value. Don,t be afraid to buy one.

2007 Camry Hybrid With 88,500 miles
By jmcneely

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned...ever! In warmer weather it delivers 45 mpg, in winter 41 mpg. Taken it back to the dealer for oil/filter changes since new; every 3K-5K miles. Drive 97 miles per day commuting to work, mostly highway. Water pump went out at 65K miles, the hybrid drive battery at 72K miles. Dealer ate the labor, I paid $200 for the pump. Toyota covered main hybrid battery completely. Have never changed the brakes. Plan to keep the car forever.

JBL CD changer stereo fantastic. Connect my Droid phone with MP3 cable and play Pandora. Very happy with efficiency of the Hybrid. With gas prices as they are, the high mileage has saved me about half on a typical fuel bill, for five years.

Some of the interior plastic panels have popped out. The drivers seat has not held up to wear as I would have hoped, however I am a big guy; 280 pounds.