2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Never again
By lippy on 11/22/09 13:45 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my car based on having owned two other Toyotas in the past. I so regret buying this car. I should have waited and purchased an Acura. There is something seriously wrong with the transmission; it does not want to change and this is getting worse. Believe it or not my sun visor is broken on the driver side. Whoever heard of a sun visor breaking. Anyway whatever keeps it up, the spring, etc is broken, you can run your hand across the top and see that it has popped open. Of course I can get it fixed for about $200 at the dealer. I have a 2000 Camry and it is better than this one. Oh did I mention that the carpet I had replaced now has another hole in it. Never Again!

Unhappy Toyota Buyer
By Kris A on 10/31/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having owned 2 Camrys and 2 Corollas, I was a very happy Toyota owner for 20 years. However this car is just not very good compared to those. Poor quality. Cheap, cheap, cheap plastic parts. So many squeaks and noises that the dealer hasn't been able to fix. Just disappointed overall. This Camry has been in for more repairs in two years than all of my others combined.

Disappointed
By Nashua NH on 09/29/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car based on owning other Toyotas. After slowing down, transmission has to be "kicked" to speed up. Doesn't have quick pickup to pass or after complete stop. Visibility terrible due to airbags and head rests. Can't believe any engineer would pass these defects. All tires replaced 26,000 and two more a year later. Every maintenance appointment brings a new problem. Ride seems comfortable and gas mileage fairly good averaging 26 city and 30 open road. Not like my 1996 model, though.

Thumping Transmission Worrisome
By JeffG on 09/27/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have about 30000 miles on this car. It gets great gas mileage (around 24 city and 31 hwy). The seats are a bit short under the thigh and the ergonomics don't fit the average American as best they could. The car has become rather sloppy in the corners with pronounced body roll, taking several notches off the fun to drive category. It is a shame too, since that engine is smooth and provides fantastic power for a car this size. Biggest drawback...when accelerating we sometimes get a hard thump. Two Toyota dealers say that is a problem with the drive by wire system...and there is not anything they can or will do. Not sure this car is going to make it 10 years. Trading it in on a Honda.

S.O.S!! Toyota Sinking
By Dennis Vernon, CT on 09/13/09 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The first few months were trouble free and couldn't have been more pleased. Winter arrived and the tires which are rated "All Season" felt like they were bald from the get go. Never buy Bridgestone. Tires wore after only 28,000 miles. The car felt as if the tranny was slipping in cold weather. You can hear it pop out of gear and then the RPMs drop to 800. The vehicle couldn't reproduce the problem at the dealership. I'm starting to lose a quart of oil between changes. Stay far away from Toyota.

Toyota quality has dropped.
By PsychoRed on 09/04/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the looks of this car more than any other in the price range of 25K to 30K. I previously owned a Toyota 4Runner which had incredible build quality and reliability. However, this Camry is terrible in both aspects. Poor transmission. Cheap plastic dash. Noises and rattles from everywhere. Not very sturdy build.

60K Miles and still like it!
By BigPops on 08/26/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I still like it after 60k miles. I got one built in Japan. I wonder if the people who have problems with rattles and transmission were built in the US. I have a trailer hitch and trailer and the car does everything I ask of it. I have run from Jersey to Michigan a number of times pulling a load. With no load, punch it while at highway speed and jump to 90mph and leave the traffic behind you. With the 2.4 engine you will not crack 3k rpm until 90mph. Great! I have driven over 500 miles on a tank (all highway driving).

Love my car, but not holding its value
By kdbugsmama on 08/23/09 06:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had no problems with my Camry and it is pushing 63000 miles. Being a mother who drives a lot I wanted a safe vehicle with good gas mileage and this car delivered that and more. It has never been to the shop, I did replace the tires at 60000 and performed all scheduled maintenance. I have never had one single problem with it. I feel safe when I travel with my family and it looks good for a sedan.

I might be the exception...
By Hal on 08/06/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my SE on Superbowl Sunday, 2007. I hardly use it. I've put 6k miles on it in 2.5 years. This is my third Camry ('93, '91) and while this is the first one I bought new, I think it doesn't compare to my old '93. The main problem I have with it is handling. I rarely, if ever, get a good, straight parking maneuver. The added front axle length makes it like driving a shopping cart. The '93, on the other hand, had nearly perfect handling and agility. Also, even though I rarely drive it, somehow I'm losing gas. I estimate around 100 miles to the tank, under 10 mpg. I will have it checked at the dealer. Would I recommend it? No. But, nearly everyone whose seen it loves it.

Stay away from the Camry
By wilson on 08/04/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Camry because of Toyota reliability and quality. I have two Toyotas (a 2007 Tacoma that is ok, and a 1993 mr2 that is great) but so far I'm satisfied with them. But then came the Camry, what a junky car. Fuel economy is not that great (24mpg mostly highway on cruise control). Rattles from the dashboard that causes you to pump up the volume on the radio. That Camry has a severe lack of power that is not even funny. It feels like a three cylinder car without the fuel economy!!!! And trust me I am not exaggerating. The transmission, I don't know what to tell you, but good luck if you don't learn from my mistake. Just don't do it. I wish I would have read these reviews.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.