2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
The Ripening of a Lemon
By David on 01/29/10 05:16 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having had Hondas since 1976 when the original Accord first was introduced and having no major problems with any of them, I made a poor decision to purchase a Toyota Camry. The Smart Start malfunctioned three times and left me stranded in far off places. The radio scanned on its own. The struts leaked and had to be replaced. And now a wheel bearing shot. $718.00. All the aforementioned, except the wheel bearing under 36,000 miles. The wheel bearing at 37,000 just after the warranty is up. Now the recall because of the accelerator. The car is a lemon.

4th Camry and LAST!
By Karen5555 on 01/21/10 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had 3 other Camrys all were great, the 07's and up are junk..... I had a 05 Camry and I loved it, wish I never traded it in. This 07 Camry has been nothing but problems. I went to a car wash and the cheep paint came off the bumper, the trans has had problems, shifts weird, I have has 4 radios, and the power seat is broken. The dealership was no help at all, I had the car for 8 months with only 65k on it, traded it in for a 09 Honda Accord EXL V6 and Love it, I will NEVER buy a Toyota again!!!

Its not my 2004 Camry
By lauren hartman on 01/15/10 14:59 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My biggest complaint is the engine noise. I can hear the car even with the radio on. I compared it with a friend's Camry, same model and did not notice the noise. It has been to the dealer twice with this complaint, but they find nothing wrong with it. The leather seats in my '04 were much nicer. The trunk got tiny scratches on it the first time it went to the car wash. Overall, I agree with the other reviews in that I think Toyota got a little too relaxed about its quality rating.

I want my 99 camry back
By Whattodonow? on 01/13/10 00:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was the car of my dreams the new royal blue, it was awesome. Until one day I was trying to excel into oncoming traffic on I-40 the throttle hangs and I almost get hit. I took it in to the dealer, they did not know what to do about it and said they would not know until Sept. This was in June? So what am I suppose to do until then? In the meantime, it happens 3 more times. finally by sept a fix comes out to reprogram the computer and erace your driving patterns. Worked for a little while but it started again. This has been the most disappointing car I have ever had. My tires wear out in less than 20,000 and always on the back first.

Squeaks and Rattles abound!
By Terri on 01/06/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with only 28000 miles on it, and I think I know why now that I have had it for a few months. Here is my normal day spent driving: Squeak, rattle, rattle, squeak, buzz, squeak, buzz, buzz, buzz, rattle.

Good car overall
By Bakolas on 11/30/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Camry. The 2007- good car, disappointing is tire wear and alignment, the tires showed excessive wear at 18,000 miles. One alignment by the dealer no help - tires continue to wear and is pretty much gone at 29,000. Dealer suggested replace tires.

My third Camry
By glomalker on 11/30/09 08:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In general I am pleased with my Camry. At 35k miles I have had no transmission problems that others mention, nor any other mechanical issues. My major complaint is the cheap rubber from the factory, the tires wore out long before normal expectation. I made the mistake of buying the tires for life warranty which is a joke; the tread is measured and will not be replaced until nearly bald way past most people's safety level. I was also not pleased with the noise, my prior Camrys were much quieter. I have owned two Camrys prior and several Celicas & Corollas as well. I will continue to drive Toyotas.

45000 miles in
By E-roc on 11/28/09 15:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just hitting 3 years, still can't wait to get rid of it. My wife has been driving it mostly, I use it once in awhile and still hate the driver seat. About as soft and supportive as a bean bag chair. MPG still great for a V-6. Car has more than enough power but the suspension is worthless. Too much body roll and when I take a turn, I find I need to hold myself in seat by elbowing the pass. seat. I'm in need of tires {Again}. I don't drive aggressive but needing a THIRD set of tires in 45K miles? Unacceptable. Acura TL here I come...

Easy To Drive
By Stacey on 11/25/09 17:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is easy to drive, extremely comfortable and a beauty. My only complaint is that it eats up the gas on the city mileage. Tight steering which makes it easy to drive. The best car I've had so far. I hope to keep it for another 5 years.

So far so good!
By Trey on 11/24/09 12:13 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 89 Camry during my college days and that car went through some rough patches. I doubt this one would go through the same treatment. It would probably break in half before going through half of the stuff the 89 model went through. The exterior shape is a lot better than the 05-06 models which looked like grandma model. One thing I had noticed when car is still cold is that it shakes and the passenger seat and the dash start to rattle a bit but once warm and car on the move, it seems fine. Overall, no problems with the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.