Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most impressive for the money
By Richie Rich

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The missus and I really fell in love with the new styling. We have now owned for 9 mo, a very competent performer indeed. The gauge cluster is a big hit with the different modes at the touch of a button and the sound system is awesome. Plenty of room abounds in the back seat for the adults and the reclining seats are a nice touch on the long trips. Driving is quiet and refined for a 4 cyl.,handling is good as well.The factory choice of tires could be better, they are not long lasting tread, they will need to be replaced before 25K miles. At 65-70 we can average 32-34 mpg - 27 overall mpg. If we were not so tight we should have gotten the V6. We wouldn't hesitate buying another.

Favorite Features

Hands free parking brake, handsfree phone, reclining rear seats with foot room to boot! Fraichair fabric is as good as leather, 3 tier gauge cluster. And it has standard daytime running lights & automatic lights.

Suggested Improvements

Independent dimmer control for the gauge cluster and center cluster (quite bright at night). Standard offering of bodyside mouldings. LED taillights. Better wearing tires. The cruise control is NOT hill friendly.

Very Nice
By EmoryinLouisville

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I grew up driving Fords, my whole family works at Ford. I decided to buy the 07 Camry and I love everything about it. For a 4cyl engine this car can move. When you need the power the car and provide it. I have read some of the reviews saying that it doesn't have power this is not true.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, power for a 4cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Standard power seats for passenger side.

Not in Love
By Phil

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have put 24,000 miles in 1 year. The engine whines annoyingly on acceleration, front cupholder lid rattles when open. Right rear door rattles inside most of the time. Front seats are not comfortable on long trip. Radio lights are too bright at night. Highway mileage is 29, which I consider poor for a 4-cylinder. My '06 Avalon did as well with a V6.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, trunk space with folding rear seat backs.

Suggested Improvements

Engine whine, mileage, comfort.

2007 Toyota Camry LE
By Nick Patel

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a high opinion about Toyota because I have seeen many toyota cars running flawlesly even after 150,000 miles. I own this vehicle for more than 6 months and have driven it for 4500 miles. I love its Avalon like roomy interior and great looks. Bought it when got carried away by its looks but ultimately find it to be a poor investment. This car does not drive well in cruise control at all (eng revs up & dn). Also, seals around doors are poor, you will surely get water leaks even when you wash the car. I get 18 MPG in city and 27 on freeway. Not impressed with MPG! Telescopic steering is not great either.

Favorite Features

Looks, roomy interior, MP3 CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Engine sizing or drive train performance, Seal around doors

Love it !
By Sharon

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was not sure at first about trading my 01 Honda Accord but have been more than satisfied with the performance, looks, and comfort. I love the interior lighting... very retro. Ride is much smoother than the Honda.

Favorite Features

Automatic door locks when placed in gear and unlocks when put in park.

Suggested Improvements

None.