Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good all around car
By Joe C

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car drives great and what a big savings in gas.

Favorite Features

The newer body style and Interior for 2007.

Suggested Improvements

None to report at this time.

Wish I woulda waited
By Eroc69

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Now I have almost 4500 miles on my 07 LE V-6. I am still not happy and I have a 1000 mile vacation coming up. Good things: roomy, quiet, good MPG for a V-6, engine is great. Bad things: more rattles than a 10 y.o. junker, my dashboard has a crack in it, the dash rattles in cold weather. Also starter buzzes weirdly on cold morning start up. The left side of the driver's seat is lower than the right side. It takes from 1-3 seconds after pushing the gas pedal for the tranny to downshift and accelerate. With a hard heavy downshift the car takes off, but on normal moderate accelerating, it is dangerous and frustrating. I will bring it in for service soon and see if these can be fixed.

Favorite Features

Engine, quiet, room, radio is decent.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality ride, please. Need better plastics or less plastic. A little tighter road ride. Fix tranny.

2007 camry XLE V6
By mikki

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Camry in June 2006 and I have to say overall I am impressed. I now have app.12000 miles on it and have very few complaints. The acceleration is very quick and the ride is fairly quiet and smooth. However I have noticed an irritating rattle on the left upper dash speaker. There have also been a few isolated incidences where I have noticed a delayed surge in the transmission, which once put me in a potentially dangerous situation. I've read other reviews stating that the leather seats were not comfortable for long drives due to lack of cushion support, but that's not been the case for me especially after recently driving from Houston to Key West, Fla. The seats were very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, comfort, quiet, JBL stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Floormats standard for XLE. Wider and larger wheels.

A bit disappointed.
By rainier1975

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This my my fourth Toyota and I am sad to say thats it has been a bit disappointing. The car comfort, looks, performance and fuel economy are great but the paint is a disaster. As I was washing my car to remove the bugs at the pressure washer that I have always used when I began to see my bumper paint washing away like it was chalk. I then started looking at other new Camrys to realize that most are missing paint chunks on their bumpers. The dealership tried to patch paint my bumper which made it look like someone spray painted it with a spray paint can from Walmart. Factory window tint was peeling off a week after buy etc. Too many issues.

Favorite Features

Power, fuel economy, looks and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

PAINT!! The paint on this car is the worse that I have seen on any car. Peeling off a month after buying is absolutely substandard and deserves a recall!

Completely Satisfied
By BT

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Camry SE in July of 2006. I've had this car for almost a year now and would like to report my experiences. The car has 11,000 miles and it has been flawless. No transmission flares, hesitations, rattles or any other problems. The car still drives like the first day I bought it. It is very smooth, powerful, refined, quiet and solidly built. The gas mileage has been getting better. I first averaged 23 mpg during the break in period, but ever since then the mileage have increased slowly. I'm now past the 10,000 mile mark and averaging low 26 miles to the gallon. Overall, I am a very satisfied owner and I'm planning to keep this car for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Hands free Bluetooth works well and amazes many of the passengers. Refined motor and quiet interior. Auxiliary jack and 450 watt JBL sounds great. Light blue/turquoise interior lighting. Supportive and comfortable seats. Storage compartments. Quality soft-touch materials.

Suggested Improvements

Little more headroom would be appreciated. The standard halogen headlamps aren't that great. Less hard plastic on the doors and some areas of the dashboard. Push start button should be available on the SE models. Make the silver interior trim more durable so that it doesn't scratch or chip as easily