Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Wait till 2008 at least
By Mark Troyan

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loved the car but two transmissions failed within 19000 miles before I got rid of the car. The transmission design has major problems and so did the replacement. The problem is not addressed. My dealer told me the new transmissions were on back order and couldn't even give me an ETA. That itself says a lot.

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission design.

Continuing problems
By rjloblaw

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Acceleration is adequate, but torque is all but absent! Too much weight for the old four cylinder engine. The transmission/computer is a major issue. Unexpected downshifting on pimple sized grades when in cruise, upshifting when decelerating, peculiar hold back sensations when at low speeds are among the problems experienced by me and, obviously, others. Poor mileage is yet another factor as is the numerous blind spots resulting from the appearance over proper design issues. Dealers do not handle the transmission matters well as I've had no luck in clearing up the inadequacies. Is Toyota losing control as they grow in size or is their arrogance the major problem? My first & last Camry!

Favorite Features

Appealing styling, reasonable comfort, adequate legroom, good sized trunk, full sized spare tire.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease wind noise, improve mileage, correct the serious transmission & visibility problems, have adjustable front passenger seats.

Excellent car good value
By ron s

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great acceleration. Very good ride.

Favorite Features

6 speed automatic with manual shift transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Shut off switch for vsc.

Pretty happy
By Parker

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving a BMW that was braking down at least once a month, and after so much money spent to fix, I am Pretty shocked by some of the reviews Ive read. I have not had any problems with my Camry after almost 4 years and 95,000 miles. never the less I have never done anything to the car but oil changes every five thousand miles. It does have a small rattle on the dashboard and may have to change the rotors soon but after 95000 miles well id have to anyway. Now after reading this reviews I wonder if I should start looking into a different car before I hit 100,000 miles. I was hoping to get a V6 Camry but now Im hesitant.

Favorite Features

Looks, Roomy interior, Handling, Power, MPG, Love it overall

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable Head rest, Fold down seats.

Very Reliable Great Car!!!
By bbarn60

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Camry new back in 2006. I now have over 103,000 miles on this car and it is still going strong with barely any problems. I fixed all recall issues which include the floor mat and break pedal they were simple fixes. My water pump does need to be replaced. I already purchased the part and it will only cost $180.00 to have it put on. If you go to the dealer it will cost a little more. Other than that just regular, on time maintenance is all that is needed to properly maintain this car. Even though my husband is an aggressive driver it still has held up. Out of the four cars I've owned the Camry is the most reliable.