Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

First toyota very disappointed ...
By Vardhar

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The delay in acceleration and poor mileage makes this car worse than any other car in the segment. The delay in acceleration is so much, don't know how toyota let this car out in the market. Neither they have issued a recall on this. I'll file a complaint with the fed on this. It is a very basic necessity of the car that is incorrectly done.

It is roomy, smooth in the freeways that is it.

Toyota needs to issue a recall on the transmission and its electronic management. The MPG is at 20 (with highway and city comibination) on a 4 cylinder makes this car a guzzler than an SUV. Buy another car with more features and reliability and will be cheaper.

Looks nice, feels cheap
By Paddyo

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've only owned the vehicle for 3 months, but have already put 12,000 miles on it. My biggest complaint is that there is a line of rust developing around both the front and rear window. It is clearly a flaw that exists, but Toyota insists that I must have scraped the paint off while removing snow. The car is garaged and has seen very little snow at all. The transmission is awful! The car is noisy & rattles which is why I say it feels cheap. I love the look, and the comfort, but would never buy one again.

Exterior design, seat comfort.

Transmission, transmission, transmission!!!

Not what expected
By PH Hark

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had Toyotas in the past and been happy, not with the Camry. Acceleration hestitates and then kicks in and jerks forward, it's not a safe feeling. We had it in four times for dash board rattles, and twice for an annoying brake squeak. They ended up replacing the brakes because they could not fix the problem. There was a strange high pitch ring in cold weather that came from under the car, they could never figure out what it was. We recently replaced it with a Volvo. Hopefully we'll have better luck.

07 Camry - A Big Disappointment!
By Ken

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My new 2007 Camry is my fourth Camry in 26 years. I've always had great experiences with Camrys. I've driven my new one for 2600 miles and recently took it on the first long trip. The car hesitated during acceleration, repeatedly shifted gears during minimal acceleration, and ALWAYS down-shifted when using cruise control on slight inclines. In fact it down-shifted two gears to climb small hills in Florida and hit 4800 RPM in third gear. The dealer had already installed software changes related to hesitation but the car still reacts the same way. I loved my 2002 Camry since it rarely down shifted in cruise control. The 2007 cruise control reminded me of my 1981 Corolla!

Interior design, exterior design, expected reliability, space, color, leather seats, smooth ride, quietness.

Toyota needs to eliminate the hesitation problems and re-engineer the cruise control performance. Bring back the rear window sun shades available on 2002.

Overall very happy
By Alan

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been very pleased. The ride is smooth and quiet and the acceleration is better than I expected. I haven't experienced any "pausing" as in other posts but have had some creaking from the dash during the cold weather (I thought it might have been my imagination until reading here). After 10,000 miles I still enjoy going for a ride! Mileage a little disappointing. 26 mpg (75% highway). On recent all highway trip got all the way up to 28!

Powerful engine and acceleration. Heated seats and controls for radio on steering wheel. Very comfortable and passengers compliment on the spaciousness. Bluetooth is really cool and is easy to use.

Design of trunk lid - snow pours into the trunk when you open it if not careful. Don't like fact that satellite radio capabilities were misrepresented. Satellite is "all ready" to go,just have to call to get it turned on". NOT. Turns out it cost almost $1,000 to have it installed!