Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2007 Toyota Camry
By Rob

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Camry LE about 1 year ago, and put 23,000 miles on it. I loved every minute of driving this car! I have had no transmission issues or rattling, the comfort and ride of this vehicle felt to me much more high end then what I had paid. I loved the car so much that I traded it in already to buy the SE 2.4 liter version of the car, and boy I love this car even more! The interior feels that of a Lexus or BMW and the exterior is an eye catcher. I have owned it for a week and have already been complimented on the car a half dozen times on its looks.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, heated seats, the upgrade JBL stereo is phenomenal, quiet ride, comfort, moon roof, handling, dash lights, exterior looks awesome - much more expensive looking then it costs, gas mileage. I really love everything about this car!!

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can't think of any at this time.

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
By Carolina

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having driven Honda and Nissan for many years, would like to feel the difference of Toyota. Bought brand new Camry two months ago and put 1000 miles on it. It drives quiet and smooth. Since I didn't drive in traffic often, I didn't feel the hesitation in acceleration. However, the brakes are very soft and unresponsive. I've got to depress brake pedal very hard each time to slow it down. The braking distance driving a Camry is a lot longer than driving Honda and Nissan. Returned it to dealer for check and the answer was "normal". Average local MPG: 25-28

Favorite Features

Dynamic exterior design; large interior space; drive quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Unresponsive brake; uncomfortable driver's seat; limited view angle due to seat position and wide frames; cup holders too shallow.

07 Camry a let-down
By badmph

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our first Toyota product, an '07 Camry LE AT in October 2006, after months of consideration and test driving them as rental cars (averaging 30 mpg all around and 34 highway); it replaced a 1989 2WD V6 Nissan Pathfinder that averaged 21.5 mpg. What happened?! With 4000 miles, it's been a disappointment, 24 mpg (mostly hi-way) and only 400 miles/tank! Each tank gets progressively fewer mpg. It seems to be a non-issue for Toyota who dismisses the complaint and makes excuses for winter driving, gas additives, etc. We expected much more from this car and are somewhat soured on Toyota already.

Favorite Features

Telescoping steering column, security and other controls on the electronic key eliminate need for separate device.

Suggested Improvements

1) Improve visibility on front right windshield - a definite blind spot area where the frame is; 2) Put a hinge on the side mirrors for tight fits so you can flip them in to protect them - this was standard on the Pathfinder back in 1989! 3) Improve sound quality of base stereo system.

No problems
By comfy car

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A very comfortable car. Great car, always returns 32 mpg on freeway at above legal speeds, traded in a 98 with 140k trouble free miles, this one should be the same, keep up the good work Toyota.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, average 4 more miles per gallon than out Honda Accord, reliability, quality.

First toyota very disappointed ...
By Vardhar

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The delay in acceleration and poor mileage makes this car worse than any other car in the segment. The delay in acceleration is so much, don't know how toyota let this car out in the market. Neither they have issued a recall on this. I'll file a complaint with the fed on this. It is a very basic necessity of the car that is incorrectly done.

Favorite Features

It is roomy, smooth in the freeways that is it.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to issue a recall on the transmission and its electronic management. The MPG is at 20 (with highway and city comibination) on a 4 cylinder makes this car a guzzler than an SUV. Buy another car with more features and reliability and will be cheaper.