Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 673 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Also-ran
By Dissapointed

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Chevy Malibu with over 100,000 miles for this car. I would gladly take it back. I had more issues with this car than in all the years I owned the malibu. The engine made a horrible knocking noise. The factory rep said that is normal for a four cylinder, and if I wanted better performance, I should have got the six. He also accused me of not changing the oil although I had all receipts. The seat is rock hard and not suitable for trips over 50 miles. The car is very harsh on bumps, and the glove box pops open from time to time on them! The car looks good on the outside in terms of design, but fit and finish are horrible. The deck lid almost touched the quarterpanel.

Styling- good for a sedan

Better factory reps, and better build quality. Next time it's a Chevy for me.

2007 Toyota Camry
By Mario

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Since new it was just pain to go through proper break-in period. After that it is fun to exploit this marvel of engineering. I had to learn new "space" technology. Previous car was 84 Chevy Impala. No comparison. Excellent city fuel economy. In general this car exceeded my expectation.

Central electronic locking system, dual trip odometer and sound system. Very well designed interior storage "pocket" system.

Front dash plastic shall be made from non reflecting material - present is too shiny and showing reflection on the windshield.

So so
By Nelson NYC

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Camry SE is an above average sedan at an affordable price. It does everything well but nothing spectacular. Gas mileage at 7500 mi is still around 20 MPG and I'm hoping it will improve as I rack up the mileage. With 268 HP it definitely has some spunk, but the tranny hesitates at times. My dashboard creaks like an old house in the wind and the starter makes a sound on cold weather starts. I guess for the price of the performance and that it runs on regular gas makes it more attractive than other sedans on its price range. One thing though, at hard acceleration there isn't the torque steer that is experienced with other front wheel drive vehicles with this amount of HP.

Roomy interior, great audio package with the navigation system, SE package spoilers and upgrade, reliabiliy, runs on regular gas and interior leather is a nice upgrade.

Vehicle needs folding rear seats for more flexibility, folding side mirrors, bigger tire package (stock look too small and it will improve handling) and traction control should have a button to defeat it.

Great car
By Arthur

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's been almost 15k miles and this car still amazes me as always. We had no problems with our two previous Camrys. Our last one had 148k trouble free miles and was still getting 30 mpg on a trip. This new one gets even better mileage, averages about 33 freeway.

Quiet, refined and efficient.

Inside styling could be better.

I thought I was alone!
By Bill

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm glad I found this web site. Just wish it would have been before the purchase of a 2007 Camry. As a previous Toyota owner, I thought it was a no brainer. However this car has serious throttle and shifting issues. Sometimes the car runs other times it can't get out of it's own way. I called my dealer and Toyota. The dealer said he could reset the car to factory settings but that might make it worse. Toyota corporate would not admit there is a problem. I filed a complaint, whatever good that will do. I traded the car for a major loss. I will never buy another Toyota and will tell my story to everyone I know. As they say, buyer beware. p.s. the dash rattled!

Exterior, interior appearance

Reprogram the computer or replace the thing. The engine and transmission are totally confused.