Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

5 Years and 186,000 Miles Later...
By robertx

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new in September 2006 to replace a 1999 Camry LE V6 with 225,000 miles on it that I had purchased used. I've replaced the brakes once (will need to replace again soon), the struts once, the battery last month, and changed the oil every 7 to 10,000 miles. I've not had a single problem otherwise (except when a deer ran into it a couple years ago). Not a very exciting car, but a comfortable and reliable one.

Favorite Features

Outstanding engine, good upgraded stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise is more noticeable than in my last Camry. Also, I can't believe a $25K car came with steel wheels.

First Toyota Lemon
By araustad

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a loyal Toyota driver for the last 20 years. The 2007 Camry is first Toyota Lemon I have owned. First year the O2 sensor failed. The air bag covers fall off and need to be reattached regularly. The ignition coil had to be replaced year 3. All day project to change spark plugs. Rear seatbelt failed year 1. Sun visor attached by thin brittle plastic housing, failed year 3. In winter driving the car disables steering to keep you safe if you enter a slide. I prefer to have steering. I would like to sell mine, but I would feel like I was taking advantage of the person buying it.

Favorite Features

V6 power is great (when the car is working). Lots of room in the back seat. I have two teenage sons who fit comfotably.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be able to access common service areas. Some quality checks on interior molding parts or functional test on electrical components would be nice. Air bag locations and size create large blind spots that make the car more dangerous in high traffic areas.

2007 Camry SE - I4 - Auto
By carnut1973

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2007 Camry SE, 4 cylinder, auto brand new in December 2006 to replace a car that was totalled in an accident. The Camry SE with the factory ground effects/spoiler/6-spoke alloys has a much better look than the other Camrys and that is the only reason I purchased it. Chose it over a slightly used 2005 Acura TSX-auto. The black cloth interior and special gauge lighting specific to the Camry SE also helped seal the deal. The Camry SE was comfortable, quiet, reliable, good on gas and as stated earlier, easy on the eyes.

Favorite Features

This is a must: if you are getting a 2007 Camry make sure you get one with the JBL sound system. If you enjoy listening to music in the car--this is a must have. I have owned 14 cars in my lifetime--the JBL sound system in this car was the most powerful and best sounding system I have ever owned. Also liked, the unique styling features of the Camry SE as well as the improved handling characteristics over other Camry models.

Suggested Improvements

Now for the bad news: really only two complaints about my Camry--squeaks and rattles and the automatic transmission. Had multiple squeaks and rattles in the car--quite frankly, I was rather disappointed with the Camry in that respect. I had owned '93 and '94 Camrys that even with well over 100,000 miles did not have as many squeaks/rattles as this 2007 did with 10,000 miles on it. The 5-speed automatic transmission was the other disappointment...trying to cruise on the interstate at 70 or 75 mph...every time I would hit a mild hill the transmission would downshift the upshift then downshift and upshift again--sometimes more than one gear. That constant gear hunting got very annoying.

Have problems
By hdrca

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have to replace front axle (good thing it was under warranty - still under 60,000 miles), now I found all 4 strut was leaking, dealer ask more than $1,400 to replace (out of warranty - over 36,000 miles). before I never believe that Toyota has quality issue but since I have this Camry and more problems found, I believe what people said about quality of Toyota is going down.

Favorite Features

Exterior style, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality from cheap plastic quality, have lots of problems for car still under 42,000 miles. Toyota should focus on quality not focus on to be the biggest car manufacturer. When the quality down graded don't expect loyal customer.

24,000 miles in
By Stormman87

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 4 years ago I have put 24,000 miles on it no problems other than replacing front brake pads tire tread is at 60% no problems otherwise think some of these reviews are bogus

Favorite Features

V6 power baby had it up to 145 mph on the highway

Suggested Improvements

None