2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Don't know what to think
By emotional06 on 03/24/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ok. So I went to buy a Honda at the Honda dealership and at the time I couldn't afford a new one and the old ones had to many miles. So they had an 07 Camry. I thought Toyota are safe. Why not? At first I had no problems. After about 2 years that's when the recalls came. I had 4 on my car. Then it just start falling apart. Poor transmission that was jerking. Cheap paint that was coming off every time I washed it. My wife was scared to drive it because of the recalls. So I decided to trade it for a new one. The Toyota dealership didn't want to give me anything for the trade. Talking about safety issues. WHAT! It's your car. Anyway, traded it for a Honda Accord. What I should have got the first time.

I love my Camry!
By Annabelles Mom on 03/23/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read a lot of bad reviews on here about other peoples Camrys but I have never had any problems. Gas mileage is unreal! Anytime anyone rides in my car they gives compliments about the interior. Overall I have been very pleased with my Camry. It's just sad that all the recalls have truly hurt Toyotas reputation. I think they are still the most reliable cars on the road though!

No Regrets
By Bob R on 03/11/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 64K miles, and despite a rear- wheel bearing that went out at 37K miles ($450), I can say with confidence I'd buy this car again. It's extremely comfortable, gets great gas mileage, has plenty of power (V6) and most importantly, it's extremely reliable. I'm not crazy about the cloth door armrests, but the interior has held up extremely well and still looks new. Best of all, if I get stopped for speeding, I can always claim it was a stuck accelerator!

LE V6 168K UPDATE
By Mike Krahn on 03/06/10 11:41 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car 12/27/06 besides having the oil line replaced when I hit 120K and then again most recently for the three recalls which was the floor mats, oil line, gas pedal the car is still running strong. First tune up, trans serviced was done at 120K. No problems with the transmission so far. Make sure when it comes time to replace tires they are V rated. Had unknown tire dealer sell me H rated tires which he claims would be just as good, but come to find out the V rated tires are stiffer than the H rated tires which in turn when hitting pot holes damages the steel wheels.

210,000 and still driving!
By mileagequeen on 03/03/10 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is my office. 5,000 miles per month and 5,000 minutes on the bluetooth(echo/response needs improve). Drive in upper midwest and wish it had AWD. Not good in wet or snow. Tires-on third set. Got 75000 from factory Michelins and 100,000 from replacement Michelins(rotated every 5,000) Memory seats would be nice. Visibility is an issue that took some getting use to. No transmission problems. Love everything about Ricky but the snow and rain handling. Next car will be AWD, probably 2010 Subaru Lecacy 4 door sedan.

I'll never own a Toyota again
By bz13 on 02/28/10 15:09 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Sure my Toyota looks nice and is comfortable to ride in. My 2007 Camry has 78k miles on it so it's safe to say I drive it A LOT. Here's the problem things shake loose. The driver's side visor fell off, the curtain side airbag panel falls off constantly, the recalls galore and now today, the lock for the glove compartment fell off. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I'm selling it at a loss and buying a new car. One that holds up.

$31K 2007 Carmy V7 XLE w/Nav = Yugo
By SJTim on 02/27/10 04:23 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This my 3rd brand new Toyotas. After 2.5 yrs+ ownship, the 2955 miles on the odometer is my testimony of this car bought brand new in Aug 07 and most miles are going to the dealers to get things fixed,inc. sunroof adjustment,replacement of leather driver seat cover,disformed windshield molding,rattles/squeaks,SAFETY RECALLS. I don't want to drive the car at all. All the rattles/squeaks drive me crazy and want to just crash it. I am still driving my old rear-ended-legally- totalled-but-mechanically-perfect 97 V6 Carmy LE very day and enjoy every mile on it. But this 07 top-of-the- line is a very different story. With all the choices in the $30K+ segment, this is very likely my last Toyota/Lexus.

What is toyota doing ???
By Regreted on 02/26/10 12:03 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned total 4 generations of Camry, this 5th gen is not a Camry any more. I made a big mi to trade in my 2001 Highlander 1st: Transmission up-shift is a design flaw, and it could be dangerous when enter freeway by merging ramp, at speed 35mph , there will be no acceleration when you floorboard it, my Camry was like a horse refused to run, stood still. The fear was that the car behind might rear end you. 2nd: Interior looks so cheap, over-engineering the control panel. Heater is intermittently change temp it self. Speedometer is too bright , make it hard to tell whether the headlight is on or off. -The handle grip on driver side got broken for no reason. 3rd: Exterior bumper paint was chipped

not happy with our Camry
By Kevin on 02/17/10 20:10 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased two 2007 Camry's the same day; one for my wife and one for my daughter. My daughters has been great from day one, my wifes although it was always dependable had engine hesitation and the drivers sun visor continually fell off into the drivers lap every time you tried to move it up or down. With Toyota's current problems I decided to dump it and buy a Volvo. Yes, I took it back to the dealer several times and finally got tired of dealing with them - now ai don't have to.

What happened to the good Camrys!
By laurie594 on 02/04/10 13:59 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had one previous Camry - a 1995 - and loved it. Traded it in at 195K miles for the 2007. This car has been a disappointment. Paint job is terrible, it scratches very easily and does not buff out. Interior made very cheaply. The big kicker is I have it in the shop right now and the transmission must be replaced - $2500! I didn't have the hesitation I hear many complaining about so not even a warning. It happened very suddenly and turned 100K miles just a couple weeks ago. Wish it was still under warranty. No more Toyotas!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.