Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 675 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

A great car
By wgslax1

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Camry for 6 years now.
It has never broken down, and I've never had any problems.
I feel safe in the car and its got quite a lot of pick up.

The build quality is great - it still runs really well after 6 years and I'm very happy with it!

I'm starting to look for my next car, and knowing how reliable my Camry is, I'm definitely considering another Toyota.

Disappointed
By minera5

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I spent a tremendous amount of time researching and comparing vehicles before purchasing my 2007 Toyota Camry 4dr.
I bought it new.
The viser immediately was broken and I have been to the dealership for recalls several times.
The brakes have been squeaking for at least a year every time I back up and so far the three places I took it to cannot fix them.
The car also squeals when turning corners and this is after new tires.
The biggest hazard is the inability to see out of the back widow.
The rear end is too high and impossible to see out of the back.
This was my first and last Toyota.

Pathetic
By markntx

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many other posters, I bought the Camry based on their reputation but it has been a HUGE dissappointment.

Multiple recalls, extended parts warranties, snap-on visors and floor mats falling apart, new struts at 25000, a hard shifting transmission and now I find out about the sludge-prone motor, just to name a few.

The most frustrating aspect is that Toyota refuses to be accountable for their mistakes unless forced to, then they still claim 'driver fault' on issues like brakes, sludge and visors.

The Service Director at Pat Lobb's Toyota in McKinney even brought up "lemon" in our conversation.
But then decided it couldn't be since it made it to 128000 miles.
hmm...Very Low Standards!

Power windows.

Toyota should become accountable for the goods you manufacture or they continue aiding the growth of the American carmakers.

A Step Backward From Previous Generation
By theraven65

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car based on Toyota's reputation for high quality/value, but were ultimately disappointed. Compared to the previous-generation (2001-06) Camry, the interior of the 2007 - while great LOOKING - is very cheap.
Lots of hard, creaky plastics, thin seat material, and very cheap-feeling HVAC controls & some other switchgear. Both sun visors broke internally and would just hang down & had to be replaced (with same poor design).
The struts had a reputation for failing early (ours were shot & leaking by 30K miles).
Worst of all, the engine began using oil excessively by about 70K miles - which I discovered was common for this (2.4L) engine in all of the vehicles it was used.

- Design. I think it's a good-looking vehicle inside and out. Unfortunately the materials used inside are very cheap-feeling. - Reputation for reliability - Great resale value.

The interior needs a major materials quality upgrade (and I believe this was done in the 2011-up models). *BEWARE* of the 2.4L engine. It is known to wear prematurely and use oil excessively - even if you change the oil regularly (which I did religiously). The only fix is a complete engine rebuild or replacement. Don't believe me? Do a Google search on "Toyota 2.4L oil consumption". Glad to be rid of mine. Transmission/cruise programming: The 5-speed auto. was slow to respond to throttle inputs in general, but especially when the cruise was on. When a hill was encountered, it would refuse to downshift until the car had slowed by about 10 MPH and then it would slam down to 3rd gear.

My Car is very reliable
By ravivar

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased 2007 Camry LE V6 new and enjoyed driving all these years.I put up 73,000 Miles and never had issues other than the normal wear and tear.The best part is the V6 Engine which is quick to accelerate and smooth.My car still rides like new.in one long trip i got 34mpg.Now a days its averaging 24 mgp/hwy.The interior looks good but not great.if you look closely the interior has gaps in the edges and finish is not good.
The one think i dont like is the steering.Its bigger..
The seats are getting uncomfortable in the long drives.The cabin is quiet and the car rides smooth.

V6 Acceleration,smooth drive,and quiet cabin.

Steering feel,interior finish,seats and better handling