2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Awesome vehicle
By Jody on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was so scared to buy a 2007 Camry after reading the reviews. so glad I did. Great car. I had it checked out by a local mechanic we trust, he gave me the thumbs up and I've been very please. I own a new Honda accord and love them both. I would highly recommend the Camry to anyone interested in a reliable, comfortable, efficient and safe car!

Toyota has no credability
By eddieb on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2007 4 cylindercamry has always vibrated in drive with the ac on when stopped. This is how the dealer handled it. First we changed to name brand high test gas. Then we had multiple computer adjustments to 750 rpm at idle. In a short time it dropped to 500 rpm and back to the vibration. Then they did a top engine cleaner at a cost to me of $100.00 now they they say I need a new throttle valve assembly that is defective at a cost of $1000.00 dollars. Toyota will pick up $500.00 but alas it's out of warranty! P. S. Toyota awful. Never again

Upsetting Mediocrity
By James on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car used in December 08 for my daughter's birthday. I heard they were reliable and held their value well. My daughter had no complaints for the first few months. Then, the infamous pedal sticking problem occurred. Thankfully, my daughter was not in an accident. After this happened, I let Toyota know about it and they finally came up with a new pedal system that was absolutely terrible, way too jittery and makes you either accelerate too fast and slip A LOT or go extremely slow and watch everyone pass you. The interior is austere, exterior is alright, fuel economy is not that impressive for a Camry. It is not all that comfortable inside. Overall, the car is average or even below.

Loss of product and service quality
By First & Last Toyota on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased Camry for Toyota's product & service reputation. Within 1000 miles, drive train (transmission) began to shift either very hard, or slipped; had very uncoordinated shifts. Dealers told me I was too sensitive, cptr was still learning, and everything else to make me go away. Most every discrepancy was dismissed, or pencil whipped without maint. Toyota's quality of product AND service have been denied. They finally admitted to a problem, only to dismiss me once again because another Toyota on the lot did the same thing...that's like a tire company saying it's OK and considered normal for a tire to come apart and explode when another tire does the same. I won't purchase another Toyota.

Great car
By A. Hampton on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. The build quality is excellent. The performance is unbelievable! Overall, a great car!

Design flaws
By own no more on 09/01/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this the 4th toyota i have owned and probably the last. i drive 90% highway miles (hint zero to none use of brakes) and had to replace the rotors and pads at 14,000 miles. Door rattles, 4cyl lacks power for the hills of PA worst when AC is on, but my biggest peeve is when descending down hills at almost any speed the car down shifts into 4th gear and then into 3rd which sends the rpm so high that the pistons could shoot through the hood, not good at all for the motor. i know what Toyota would say that it is to help in braking but i'd rather replace brakes than a motor. will i buy a Toyota again? not likely?

Loved my Camry
By jpj1707 on 08/26/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to part with my beloved Camry SE V6 yesterday. Need a truck for the utility but hated to let the Camry go. This car served me well for 3 years and 82,000 miles without any serious trouble. I will miss this car because of the compliant ride, handling of the SE suspension, fuel economy, and comfortable cabin. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned and I am sad to see her go.

Best ever built
By jimmy on 08/20/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this Camry new & I gotta say we really really love it, being in the auto body business for 25 years I know what fit & finish really mean & this car for the $$ is well worth the price the safety features & fuel economy aside from the well know for reliability promise the Toyota brand stands for is absolutely a great buy. We plan on keeping this car for a very very long time, been to fla. with it and drives with confidence !

LE V6 189K Update
By Mike Krahn on 08/18/10 23:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After i hit 189K the transmission went out. The engine still runs very strong, but it to needs to have two out of the four fuel air sensors replaced which would be $200.00 for one and $300.00 the other two if and when they would go out also cost $$$. The transmission dealer told me it would be around $3100.00 to fix trans, but the car is only valued at around $2000.00 to $4500.00 because of the mileage. I drove the car mostly on the highway putting on around 40K to 50K each year. Just pickup my new 2011 Camry 4 with a 6 speed trans LE model. Will update on this one soon, but as far as the old one goes she was good to me overall. Read the other reviews that i wrote from the beginning for info

Nothing but trouble
By NeverAgain on 08/12/10 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch blew out on the highway at 50,000 miles. Toyota dealer refused to honor "powertrain" warranty. Brakes wore out far too early. Security system is a major pain. Now, battery died at 55,000 miles. Car is a maintenance nightmare - everything is too expensive to fix. Would never buy another Toyota!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.