2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
TRANSMISSION DISASTER/FLAWED
By janda225 on 03/09/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car appeared be be a great vehicle initially. I began to have problems with the transmission early on, but the dealership advised nothing was wrong. Now that I have 120,000 mile on it and out of warranty, they recommend a new transmission. The durability on the flawed designed transmission makes the vehicle a liability at this point. I've read several reviews with the same story. Toyota should have recalled this transmission. That is probably why they changed designs for future models. At this point, I would not recommend anyone to purchase this model vehicle or any other Toyota. It is not a reliable vehicle as they use to advertise. It's garbage. Now I have to spend $4400 on a new trans

2007 Camry v6 XLE
By clozer1 on 01/11/12 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I sell cars for a living and have for the last 40 years. In the 80s it was all honda, nothing else measured up. Now I sell Toyotas. I never purchase new because of the depreciation. I am purchasing a used 2007 Toyota Camry, one owner with 149000 miles on it. The car is brand new inside and out and themileage doesn't bother me at all. It has been checked out by a master Toyota Technician and I am not scared at all because of the miles. People who look at a car and back off of it because of mileage are missing the boat when it comes to a good deal on a valuable piece of merchandise. Toyota is the Manufacturer of the last decade with fit and finish and value. Don,t be afraid to buy one.

2007 Camry Hybrid With 88,500 miles
By jmcneely on 01/02/12 17:18 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned...ever! In warmer weather it delivers 45 mpg, in winter 41 mpg. Taken it back to the dealer for oil/filter changes since new; every 3K-5K miles. Drive 97 miles per day commuting to work, mostly highway. Water pump went out at 65K miles, the hybrid drive battery at 72K miles. Dealer ate the labor, I paid $200 for the pump. Toyota covered main hybrid battery completely. Have never changed the brakes. Plan to keep the car forever.

2007 SE Toyota Camry
By jablusonata on 11/25/11 20:23 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very dissappointed with the 07' SE Toyota Camry. I purchased new and it currently has about 65k. So far I had the rotars resurfaced; reset the right front end fender; and after replacing factory tires, the back of the veicles makes a loud metal rubbing sound. I have taken it back to the dealer and the tire store and they both are unable to "duplicate" the noise. I wish I could get a straight answer. Has anyone experienced this problem? This is the 1st Toyota that I have ever had problems with.

About to put on 4th SET of tires and only have 72,000 miles on car
By lucy123 on 10/04/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my camry off the showroom floor. It is a 2007 SE. Less than one year from the date of purchase I found myself back in the dealership to purchase NEW tires. The dealer gave me a "discount" and said the factory tires were "softer" therefore wearing out faster. Since then, I have put on 2 more sets of tires, ONE set per year and I in less than a month, I will have to purchase my 4th SET of tires! These tires are not cheap! I bought the camry because of the low maintenance reputation. I was wrong! Did I mention that I have had the two front bearings go out and a water pump? YES....my 2007 Camry SE is a LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Years and 186,000 Miles Later...
By robertx on 08/09/11 18:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new in September 2006 to replace a 1999 Camry LE V6 with 225,000 miles on it that I had purchased used. I've replaced the brakes once (will need to replace again soon), the struts once, the battery last month, and changed the oil every 7 to 10,000 miles. I've not had a single problem otherwise (except when a deer ran into it a couple years ago). Not a very exciting car, but a comfortable and reliable one.

First Toyota Lemon
By araustad on 07/15/11 11:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a loyal Toyota driver for the last 20 years. The 2007 Camry is first Toyota Lemon I have owned. First year the O2 sensor failed. The air bag covers fall off and need to be reattached regularly. The ignition coil had to be replaced year 3. All day project to change spark plugs. Rear seatbelt failed year 1. Sun visor attached by thin brittle plastic housing, failed year 3. In winter driving the car disables steering to keep you safe if you enter a slide. I prefer to have steering. I would like to sell mine, but I would feel like I was taking advantage of the person buying it.

2007 Camry SE - I4 - Auto
By carnut1973 on 01/26/11 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2007 Camry SE, 4 cylinder, auto brand new in December 2006 to replace a car that was totalled in an accident. The Camry SE with the factory ground effects/spoiler/6-spoke alloys has a much better look than the other Camrys and that is the only reason I purchased it. Chose it over a slightly used 2005 Acura TSX-auto. The black cloth interior and special gauge lighting specific to the Camry SE also helped seal the deal. The Camry SE was comfortable, quiet, reliable, good on gas and as stated earlier, easy on the eyes.

Have problems
By hdrca on 12/31/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have to replace front axle (good thing it was under warranty - still under 60,000 miles), now I found all 4 strut was leaking, dealer ask more than $1,400 to replace (out of warranty - over 36,000 miles). before I never believe that Toyota has quality issue but since I have this Camry and more problems found, I believe what people said about quality of Toyota is going down.

24,000 miles in
By Stormman87 on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 4 years ago I have put 24,000 miles on it no problems other than replacing front brake pads tire tread is at 60% no problems otherwise think some of these reviews are bogus

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.