2007 Camry SE - I4 - Auto
By carnut1973 on
2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Purchased my 2007 Camry SE, 4 cylinder, auto brand new in December 2006 to replace a car that was totalled in an accident. The Camry SE with the factory ground effects/spoiler/6-spoke alloys has a much better look than the other Camrys and that is the only reason I purchased it. Chose it over a slightly used 2005 Acura TSX-auto. The black cloth interior and special gauge lighting specific to the Camry SE also helped seal the deal. The Camry SE was comfortable, quiet, reliable, good on gas and as stated earlier, easy on the eyes.
Favorite Features
This is a must: if you are getting a 2007 Camry make sure you get one with the JBL sound system. If you enjoy listening to music in the car--this is a must have. I have owned 14 cars in my lifetime--the JBL sound system in this car was the most powerful and best sounding system I have ever owned. Also liked, the unique styling features of the Camry SE as well as the improved handling characteristics over other Camry models.
Suggested Improvements
Now for the bad news: really only two complaints about my Camry--squeaks and rattles and the automatic transmission. Had multiple squeaks and rattles in the car--quite frankly, I was rather disappointed with the Camry in that respect. I had owned '93 and '94 Camrys that even with well over 100,000 miles did not have as many squeaks/rattles as this 2007 did with 10,000 miles on it. The 5-speed automatic transmission was the other disappointment...trying to cruise on the interstate at 70 or 75 mph...every time I would hit a mild hill the transmission would downshift the upshift then downshift and upshift again--sometimes more than one gear. That constant gear hunting got very annoying.