Used 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry XLE V6 - excellent. Extremely reliable
By Paul

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This 2007 Camry V6 has been the most reliable and maintenance free car I've every owned(And I've owned at least 20 cars!). I have 130,000 miles on it, only maintenance has been two sets of tires, one set of brake pads, wiper blades and cabin filter. Oil/filter changes are done free of charge by the dealer every 5000 miles. It still has the original battery! The engine is very smooth and powerful(better than my wife's newer BMW). I still get 30 mpg on the highway. It runs the same now as it did 9 years ago. My only very minor complaint about the design is the rear seat should have folded down 60/40 instead of the small pass through. I think the reclining rear seat didn't allow for the folding, poor design choice. No one ever reclines the rear seat. Great car!

XLE (VS) ES 350
By Erick Strong

A simply reliable ride
By Dain

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had great success with this purchase.
The dealership was not much help and costly but the vehicle has been very reliable for the past 7 years.
No major malfunctions.
It does use a little oil. Toyota had a recall on this but with a "Toyota Test" they decided it did not use enough oil to warrant a fix.
It uses about a quart over 1500 - 2000 miles.

Great car with Options
By jnealy87

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously left my review back in 2012 and now its 2015 and its been better and I had the transmission serviced and now have no issues with the car at all im at 98000 miles and its running strong and the build quality has improved and looks a lot better now that the recalls on dashboard has been done and it fixed a lot of mismatches with the pillars and things and now my car is fully cleaned and detailed and its great to have a car that I trust on the road my car does not burn any oil and that's with me changing the oil every 3000 miles and I haven't missed a oil change and I get 28 to 30 hwy and city I get 25.8 so I haven't gotten 31 mpg yet and I drive the car once a week straight hwy ....

Disappointed owner
By r b

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car had an oil consumption issue. Toyota considers 1 qt. per 1100 miles normal. For me the oil consumption and loss of gas mileage was not acceptable nor normal. The final detail was the resale value. In 2012 I paid $13,000 for the car. In 2015 a Toyota dealer would only give me $3,000 trade in value. This car was a loss from start to finish. No part of the Toyota ad campaign in true.