Used 2007 Toyota Camry XLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Disappointed
By minera5

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I spent a tremendous amount of time researching and comparing vehicles before purchasing my 2007 Toyota Camry 4dr. I bought it new. The viser immediately was broken and I have been to the dealership for recalls several times. The brakes have been squeaking for at least a year every time I back up and so far the three places I took it to cannot fix them. The car also squeals when turning corners and this is after new tires. The biggest hazard is the inability to see out of the back widow. The rear end is too high and impossible to see out of the back. This was my first and last Toyota.

Still happy
By Quitepleased

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just passed 80,000 miles and still drives like new. Three issues though; first of all, never use 0w20 oil. My lifters have been tapping ever since I did. Second, I had to replace my brakes after only 8 months. Since then, drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads still have 50% on them. Third, what the heck is up with the tires? I was literally forced to purchased sports car tires for this sedan! The originals lasted 70k but now I have 40k warranty tires that cost more than the originals AND I've lost an average of 6 mpg! This is stupid!

Ride and handling is better than my Lexus GS300! I used to be impressed with the 26 mpg average but now it's usually around 20 mpg.

Stop requiring tires intended for fast, sporty cars! I want my 600+ tread wear rating (80k warranty)!

I love my Camry!
By Annabelles Mom

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read a lot of bad reviews on here about other peoples Camrys but I have never had any problems. Gas mileage is unreal! Anytime anyone rides in my car they gives compliments about the interior. Overall I have been very pleased with my Camry. It's just sad that all the recalls have truly hurt Toyotas reputation. I think they are still the most reliable cars on the road though!

Huge trunk, Roomy back seat, rides great, awesome gas mileage!

Cant think of any?

The Ripening of a Lemon
By David

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having had Hondas since 1976 when the original Accord first was introduced and having no major problems with any of them, I made a poor decision to purchase a Toyota Camry. The Smart Start malfunctioned three times and left me stranded in far off places. The radio scanned on its own. The struts leaked and had to be replaced. And now a wheel bearing shot. $718.00. All the aforementioned, except the wheel bearing under 36,000 miles. The wheel bearing at 37,000 just after the warranty is up. Now the recall because of the accelerator. The car is a lemon.

Where'd the quality go?
By Fred

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Camry for over 2 years and 30,000 mi. Initially, I loved the car and couldn't drive it enough. Rattles, squeaking, and transmission troubles started shortly after. After several trips to the dealership, I am happy to report that everything has been taken care of. My wife and I were in a serious accident with it and while it was in the shop, we couldn't wait to get it back. Over the month it was in the shop, we rented several different cars and nothing seemed to measure up to the comfort and options of the Camry. Strongly recommend it, just make sure it has been taken to the dealership for the technical bulletins.

Bluetooth, JBL, moonroof, mileage, peppy engine, exterior styling, comfort.

Improve the quality out of the factory. I had an '09 as a loaner and they are much better. My 07 is getting close after all of my visits to the dealership.