Used 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2007 V6 Camry XLE
By djm2

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2007 V6 Camry XLE purchased new from a dealer in New Jersey. The vehicle currently has 87,000 + miles and it has been completely trouble free. The only warranty service that I had done to the vehicle under the extended warranty was the oil line for the VVT. (This was done prior to it leaking when I read about the possibility of it failing on the "net!") The vehicle is only serviced by the selling dealer and I change the engine oil and filter at 2,500 miles. (My choice!) ---- (I DO NOT believe in extended oil / filter change intervals!) I do not have any "sludge" in my engine. At every fuel "fill up" I use an upper cylinder lubricant. (Four ounces to every ten gallons.)

Favorite Features: 1.) Ride quality! 2.) Performance. (I can stay with the average Ford Mustang coming out of a toll booth on the parkway!) 3.) Seat comfort. 4.) Fuel mileage. (I easily get 30mpg on road trips at 65mph. 5.) Product quality. 6.) Great dealer service.

I would like to see a wider selection of exterior colors. A deep cherry exterior paint with a light tan interior would look great. The four cylinder XLE Camry should be available with FULL LEATHER SEATS! A the present time, the four cylinder Camry XLE only come with "leather trimmed seats!" QUESTION: What does the seats have to do with the engine?

Pathetic
By markntx

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many other posters, I bought the Camry based on their reputation but it has been a HUGE dissappointment. Multiple recalls, extended parts warranties, snap-on visors and floor mats falling apart, new struts at 25000, a hard shifting transmission and now I find out about the sludge-prone motor, just to name a few. The most frustrating aspect is that Toyota refuses to be accountable for their mistakes unless forced to, then they still claim 'driver fault' on issues like brakes, sludge and visors. The Service Director at Pat Lobb's Toyota in McKinney even brought up "lemon" in our conversation. But then decided it couldn't be since it made it to 128000 miles. hmm...Very Low Standards!

Power windows.

Toyota should become accountable for the goods you manufacture or they continue aiding the growth of the American carmakers.

2007 camry xle issues
By lilibeth12

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was wondering if any one has experienced what I experienced with this car. The radio comes on blasting loud...can't be turned OFF unless I turn OFF the engine. I was so scared and startled when all of the sudden the radio came on very very loud and wont shut off.

Good Car, Expected Better
By jnealy87

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got Car in Nov.2011 with 61K miles, Car needed New amp for JBL system , then at 67,051 miles needed Waterpump replacement than at 71,508 miles needed Alternator replacement now im at 73500 miles no issues and keeping the regular service shedule and the car is doing wonderful and up to date on all recalls I currently experience tranny issues only in the winter months when its cold outside if I dont let the car warm up before taking off i use only 93 octan fuel and gumout every 3000 miles replaces both engine air filter and cabin air filter every 9000 miles I think toyota could have done better with covering some of the parts but toyota does whats best for business, not for client tale

I like the JBL system, 6 cd changer in dash, leather seats, foglights, sunroof, spolier, the digital climate control,phone , mounted controls on steering wheel, reclining rear seat with sunshade,keyless entry and design of car

I would improve on making the Camry more compatible with the Lexus ES350 just cheaper

Bad quality
By amarka01

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Toyota Camry based on quality reputation. We have 2001 Highlander also. Begining there were recalls (leak above driver side visor let water in, gas pedal/accelerator/floor mat issue, VVT (sp?) hose, transmission slippage). At 89K miles water pump broke. Dealer said it's $1,400 to replace as V6 models have major labor to remove engine parts to get at pump. I had replaced Ols Intrigue that had same issue at 105K miles and was much cheaper to replace. Will not buy Toyota again...will go with Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, or Hundai Sonata.

Very quite ride which was one of reasons I bought it.

Fix the bad quality. 2007 was new design year and it showed...lots of problems.