2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Nice look - No power
By Alex on 03/26/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car over all. I have 4 cyl with manual transmission - lack of power but great fuel economy.

Not what I expected from Toyota
By WJROCK07 on 03/21/08 22:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2007 Camry because of the looks of the redesigned model and because of the "legendary" Toyota quality and reliability. As of today, I am a bit disappointed in the build quality of the car. First of all, the interior has way too many cheap plastic parts (like the cheap plastic center piece that houses the clock.) Second, during this past winter, an annoying dashboard rattle has developed in two places.(by the right speaker & behind the instrument panel). Also, Toyota has continued to make the Camry larger, but has failed to increase the horsepower of the 4 cylinder. Therefore, more RPMs are needed to accelerate which kills my fuel economy.

Pretty car but runs lousy..
By Driving me NUTZ on 03/14/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I bought this car. My mom swears by her Toyota & I have always heard great things. This car has caused me nothing but worries. The transmission is horrible, it shifts/revs horribly at the wrong times, it putters when it hits 1 1/2 rpms while coasting unless you rev it or hit the breaks, if you try to start the car in really cold weather it makes a horrible grinding noise, the dash rattles ALL the time, when I try to accelerate getting on the freeway it doesnt move & scares me and when it does move it revs even after take your foot from the gas. I took the car in once for several of these issues & was told it was fixed & could not find other issue. Going back Monday!

Unimpressed
By C.M on 02/16/08 17:16 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car for toyota reliability. (Not real impressed). Nice looking car and good gas mileage. decent power for a 4 cylinder, but a dangerous hesitating transmission that toyota does not seem to want acknowledge or fix. Nice gauges but the blue lights around the radio are way too bright at night for me. I ended up trading for a Nissan Altima which I like much better so far as of 10,000 miles.

Decent Car
By Jennifer on 10/25/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy my car. It's not a luxury car by any means but it is definitely better than any of Toyota's other models. It drives really smooth, but I have a 4 cylinder so it lacks power. Nevertheless, it is still a cool car for a college kid. I love the exterior, but the interior is nothing to brag about. Its quite simple, which is fine with me. The gas mileage is not what its cracked up to be. The corolla is the best toyota car when it comes to gas per mileage.

I thought I was alone!
By Bill on 05/29/07 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm glad I found this web site. Just wish it would have been before the purchase of a 2007 Camry. As a previous Toyota owner, I thought it was a no brainer. However this car has serious throttle and shifting issues. Sometimes the car runs other times it can't get out of it's own way. I called my dealer and Toyota. The dealer said he could reset the car to factory settings but that might make it worse. Toyota corporate would not admit there is a problem. I filed a complaint, whatever good that will do. I traded the car for a major loss. I will never buy another Toyota and will tell my story to everyone I know. As they say, buyer beware. p.s. the dash rattled!

Sports Car Driver? This is for you!
By Sport 5M on 05/14/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Okay - if you want a true sports suspension with Volvo, BMW, Saab-like Euro styling and you insist on five star safety features, then go get the completely redesigned Camry SE w/ 5 speed manual trans. This car is more fun to drive than I could have imagined - quick, nimble, amazing handling, good solid power for a four cylinder that you control with the 5m... truly fantastic gas mileage. You will love it but you need to be the type of sports car enthusiasist who loves the control of a 5 speed stick. I was set on a Civic Si or maybe Accord before coming across the 2007 Camry SE... my very good luck I did. Racing bike fits in trunk!

Impressed
By jes2227 on 02/26/07 10:06 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2007 Camry SE w/ a 5-speed manual. I have found it to be a blast to drive and the fuel economy is uncomparable. Obviously since I got the manual transmission I haven't had any problems with acceleration or anything like that. In fact, with the manual the car accelerates rather well. The exterior looks awesome with the body molding and spoiler. I just took a trip to Charlotte from Pittsburgh, and before leaving Charlotte I filled the gas tank, when I got home I had more than a 1/4 tank left and have driven for two days without the gas light coming on yet.

Great Car
By Cameron on 01/12/07 15:20 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Hard to find with manual trans but worth the wait. Can't beat the room, gas mileage and performance for dollar.

Nice Car
By Check It on 11/20/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a very nice car . I got this the 2nd week after release. I love it, no doubt it's an excellent car. Some people are saying it's slow with pickup, it's not true. If you are going for a family 4 cyl car that's what you will get. I don't see any issues with this.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.