2007 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2007 camry le
By enki1 on 02/17/14 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Hi, I bought my camry new from the dealership. The only problem I had its that at 70k miles started burning oil a lot, I brough the car to service dep and they told me that is a had gusket, and they fixed cause was under warranty, but the car still burned oil as much as the beginning. I brough back to Toyota and they were saying that the car is to old that's y is burning this much oil. I stop dealing with Toyota service dep. My camry now has 190k still runs good, it doesn't have the same pick up as it used to but still runs good. At 7 years I have changed tires twice, 2 batteries, struts once, a radiator, a lot of adding oil, and oil changes every 5k miles. my new car would be a camry again

2007 V6 Camry XLE
By djm2 on 12/31/13 04:51 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2007 V6 Camry XLE purchased new from a dealer in New Jersey. The vehicle currently has 87,000 + miles and it has been completely trouble free. The only warranty service that I had done to the vehicle under the extended warranty was the oil line for the VVT. (This was done prior to it leaking when I read about the possibility of it failing on the "net!") The vehicle is only serviced by the selling dealer and I change the engine oil and filter at 2,500 miles. (My choice!) ---- (I DO NOT believe in extended oil / filter change intervals!) I do not have any "sludge" in my engine. At every fuel "fill up" I use an upper cylinder lubricant. (Four ounces to every ten gallons.)

A great car
By wgslax1 on 11/18/13 11:17 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Camry for 6 years now. It has never broken down, and I've never had any problems. I feel safe in the car and its got quite a lot of pick up. The build quality is great - it still runs really well after 6 years and I'm very happy with it! I'm starting to look for my next car, and knowing how reliable my Camry is, I'm definitely considering another Toyota.

Disappointed
By minera5 on 08/09/13 22:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I spent a tremendous amount of time researching and comparing vehicles before purchasing my 2007 Toyota Camry 4dr. I bought it new. The viser immediately was broken and I have been to the dealership for recalls several times. The brakes have been squeaking for at least a year every time I back up and so far the three places I took it to cannot fix them. The car also squeals when turning corners and this is after new tires. The biggest hazard is the inability to see out of the back widow. The rear end is too high and impossible to see out of the back. This was my first and last Toyota.

Pathetic
By markntx on 06/13/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many other posters, I bought the Camry based on their reputation but it has been a HUGE dissappointment. Multiple recalls, extended parts warranties, snap-on visors and floor mats falling apart, new struts at 25000, a hard shifting transmission and now I find out about the sludge-prone motor, just to name a few. The most frustrating aspect is that Toyota refuses to be accountable for their mistakes unless forced to, then they still claim 'driver fault' on issues like brakes, sludge and visors. The Service Director at Pat Lobb's Toyota in McKinney even brought up "lemon" in our conversation. But then decided it couldn't be since it made it to 128000 miles. hmm...Very Low Standards!

A Step Backward From Previous Generation
By theraven65 on 05/20/13 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car based on Toyota's reputation for high quality/value, but were ultimately disappointed. Compared to the previous-generation (2001-06) Camry, the interior of the 2007 - while great LOOKING - is very cheap. Lots of hard, creaky plastics, thin seat material, and very cheap-feeling HVAC controls & some other switchgear. Both sun visors broke internally and would just hang down & had to be replaced (with same poor design). The struts had a reputation for failing early (ours were shot & leaking by 30K miles). Worst of all, the engine began using oil excessively by about 70K miles - which I discovered was common for this (2.4L) engine in all of the vehicles it was used.

My Car is very reliable
By ravivar on 02/14/13 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased 2007 Camry LE V6 new and enjoyed driving all these years.I put up 73,000 Miles and never had issues other than the normal wear and tear.The best part is the V6 Engine which is quick to accelerate and smooth.My car still rides like new.in one long trip i got 34mpg.Now a days its averaging 24 mgp/hwy.The interior looks good but not great.if you look closely the interior has gaps in the edges and finish is not good. The one think i dont like is the steering.Its bigger.. The seats are getting uncomfortable in the long drives.The cabin is quiet and the car rides smooth.

So Far, So Good!
By jbm425 on 02/01/13 21:40 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a Toyota Certified 2007 Camry LE in 2010. I wanted economy in a more roomy package, and reliability. I took advantage of the controversy with all the recalls that year and got my car for a couple thousand less than it would have otherwise sold for without it. I also bought the extended warranty for peace of mind, and I get the oil changed and general service every 5K. So far, the car has been a champ. It may be a bit on the "vanilla" side from a performance and styling standpoint, but it's lived up to the Toyota reputation for quality. The only problem I've encountered are occasional hiccups with the Bluetooth, but not frequent enough to require service.

2007 camry xle issues
By lilibeth12 on 12/25/12 14:44 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was wondering if any one has experienced what I experienced with this car. The radio comes on blasting loud...can't be turned OFF unless I turn OFF the engine. I was so scared and startled when all of the sudden the radio came on very very loud and wont shut off.

Reliable car
By tomsw210 on 11/01/12 16:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 11/8/06 with 107 mile on the odo. Never did anything to the car except for oil change and tires. Replace brakes, spark plug at 100,00 mile and I replace the serpentine belt at 155000 mile. Now my Camry se have 175256 mile on the odo and still counting. i'm waiting to hit 200,000 mile then i will be replacing the water pump, do tune up, brakes all around + rotor, trans flush + filter and coolant flush. then go for another 200,000 miles lol

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.