Used 2007 Toyota Camry SE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

A great car
By wgslax1

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Camry for 6 years now. It has never broken down, and I've never had any problems. I feel safe in the car and its got quite a lot of pick up. The build quality is great - it still runs really well after 6 years and I'm very happy with it! I'm starting to look for my next car, and knowing how reliable my Camry is, I'm definitely considering another Toyota.

Loved my Camry
By jpj1707

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to part with my beloved Camry SE V6 yesterday. Need a truck for the utility but hated to let the Camry go. This car served me well for 3 years and 82,000 miles without any serious trouble. I will miss this car because of the compliant ride, handling of the SE suspension, fuel economy, and comfortable cabin. It was one of the best cars I have ever owned and I am sad to see her go.

Favorite Features

SE suspension package, V6 power, fuel economy, value for the money, Toyota reliability

Suggested Improvements

on occasion, at low speeds, the transmission would have to find itself before the car would accelerate back to speed

ToyotaLuvaLova!!
By BobsandJ

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Sat in the cockpit of this of the V6 Camry SE 3 yrs ago, test drove and fell in love with it. 3 yrs later, still happy with the choice we made. I love the V6 kick, turning radius is to die for, very roomy interior makes for a great road trip car, do a 6 day, 40- mile/day commute plus some city, yet fill my tank twice/month, that's MPG!. Other than routine maintenance, haven't heard a squeak from this car 30K later. Have had only positive experiences with this car, so no plans to sell or trade this comfortable reliable car anytime soon!

Favorite Features

V6 kick, excellent mileage, remote start, steering wheel audio controls

Suggested Improvements

more front headroom

What happened?
By Joe

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Grown man loyal Toyota fan sitting here crying. Just came back from the dealer after trading in my lemon.Trans burned out-yes a Toyota Camry with a burnt trans at 110,000 and I babied the car for the 3 years it lived.Quote was $4500 new $2000 used trans.This was after $1300 blown #1 manifold 3 months earlier and the blown oil line $400 mentioned here before. Car was a gem up to 75,000 then my check book opened. Trans slippage between 1st and 2nd gear occurred since new and 1 day trans just blew. My letter to Toyota will sit on the pile they already have. Too big too fast is causing Toyota to become Chrysler. FYI-dealer bought the car-$7000. I bought it new for $28,000 3 yrs and 110,000 mi ago

Favorite Features

Style. Utility of doing many things with 1 type of car. V6 power. Great mileage. AC/heated comfortable seats. Very comfortable/roomy for 4 adults. Assumed reliability. Closing of the competition gap good for us buyers.

Suggested Improvements

Radio horrible. No fold down seats. Trans horrible.Oil line/manifold breaks and recalls galore. Lousy paint. Fix our broken hearts. Go back to doing what got you to #1 and keep doing it w/o letting greed, growth ,and assumptions of your customers.Your grand father Mr Toyoda would not be proud of your work

Toyota quality has dropped.
By PsychoRed

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved the looks of this car more than any other in the price range of 25K to 30K. I previously owned a Toyota 4Runner which had incredible build quality and reliability. However, this Camry is terrible in both aspects. Poor transmission. Cheap plastic dash. Noises and rattles from everywhere. Not very sturdy build.

Favorite Features

Fast!! The power is amazing. Don't ever waste your time with the 4 cylinder. The V6 is flawless.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the old Toyota quality standards and stop using cheap parts.