2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2007 V6 Camry XLE
By djm2 on 12/31/13 04:51 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2007 V6 Camry XLE purchased new from a dealer in New Jersey. The vehicle currently has 87,000 + miles and it has been completely trouble free. The only warranty service that I had done to the vehicle under the extended warranty was the oil line for the VVT. (This was done prior to it leaking when I read about the possibility of it failing on the "net!") The vehicle is only serviced by the selling dealer and I change the engine oil and filter at 2,500 miles. (My choice!) ---- (I DO NOT believe in extended oil / filter change intervals!) I do not have any "sludge" in my engine. At every fuel "fill up" I use an upper cylinder lubricant. (Four ounces to every ten gallons.)

Pathetic
By markntx on 06/13/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many other posters, I bought the Camry based on their reputation but it has been a HUGE dissappointment. Multiple recalls, extended parts warranties, snap-on visors and floor mats falling apart, new struts at 25000, a hard shifting transmission and now I find out about the sludge-prone motor, just to name a few. The most frustrating aspect is that Toyota refuses to be accountable for their mistakes unless forced to, then they still claim 'driver fault' on issues like brakes, sludge and visors. The Service Director at Pat Lobb's Toyota in McKinney even brought up "lemon" in our conversation. But then decided it couldn't be since it made it to 128000 miles. hmm...Very Low Standards!

2007 camry xle issues
By lilibeth12 on 12/25/12 14:44 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was wondering if any one has experienced what I experienced with this car. The radio comes on blasting loud...can't be turned OFF unless I turn OFF the engine. I was so scared and startled when all of the sudden the radio came on very very loud and wont shut off.

Good Car, Expected Better
By jnealy87 on 10/02/12 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Got Car in Nov.2011 with 61K miles, Car needed New amp for JBL system , then at 67,051 miles needed Waterpump replacement than at 71,508 miles needed Alternator replacement now im at 73500 miles no issues and keeping the regular service shedule and the car is doing wonderful and up to date on all recalls I currently experience tranny issues only in the winter months when its cold outside if I dont let the car warm up before taking off i use only 93 octan fuel and gumout every 3000 miles replaces both engine air filter and cabin air filter every 9000 miles I think toyota could have done better with covering some of the parts but toyota does whats best for business, not for client tale

Bad quality
By amarka01 on 03/13/12 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Toyota Camry based on quality reputation. We have 2001 Highlander also. Begining there were recalls (leak above driver side visor let water in, gas pedal/accelerator/floor mat issue, VVT (sp?) hose, transmission slippage). At 89K miles water pump broke. Dealer said it's $1,400 to replace as V6 models have major labor to remove engine parts to get at pump. I had replaced Ols Intrigue that had same issue at 105K miles and was much cheaper to replace. Will not buy Toyota again...will go with Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, or Hundai Sonata.

TRANSMISSION DISASTER/FLAWED
By janda225 on 03/09/12 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car appeared be be a great vehicle initially. I began to have problems with the transmission early on, but the dealership advised nothing was wrong. Now that I have 120,000 mile on it and out of warranty, they recommend a new transmission. The durability on the flawed designed transmission makes the vehicle a liability at this point. I've read several reviews with the same story. Toyota should have recalled this transmission. That is probably why they changed designs for future models. At this point, I would not recommend anyone to purchase this model vehicle or any other Toyota. It is not a reliable vehicle as they use to advertise. It's garbage. Now I have to spend $4400 on a new trans

2007 Camry v6 XLE
By clozer1 on 01/11/12 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I sell cars for a living and have for the last 40 years. In the 80s it was all honda, nothing else measured up. Now I sell Toyotas. I never purchase new because of the depreciation. I am purchasing a used 2007 Toyota Camry, one owner with 149000 miles on it. The car is brand new inside and out and themileage doesn't bother me at all. It has been checked out by a master Toyota Technician and I am not scared at all because of the miles. People who look at a car and back off of it because of mileage are missing the boat when it comes to a good deal on a valuable piece of merchandise. Toyota is the Manufacturer of the last decade with fit and finish and value. Don,t be afraid to buy one.

First Toyota Lemon
By araustad on 07/15/11 11:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a loyal Toyota driver for the last 20 years. The 2007 Camry is first Toyota Lemon I have owned. First year the O2 sensor failed. The air bag covers fall off and need to be reattached regularly. The ignition coil had to be replaced year 3. All day project to change spark plugs. Rear seatbelt failed year 1. Sun visor attached by thin brittle plastic housing, failed year 3. In winter driving the car disables steering to keep you safe if you enter a slide. I prefer to have steering. I would like to sell mine, but I would feel like I was taking advantage of the person buying it.

24,000 miles in
By Stormman87 on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 4 years ago I have put 24,000 miles on it no problems other than replacing front brake pads tire tread is at 60% no problems otherwise think some of these reviews are bogus

Loss of product and service quality
By First & Last Toyota on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased Camry for Toyota's product & service reputation. Within 1000 miles, drive train (transmission) began to shift either very hard, or slipped; had very uncoordinated shifts. Dealers told me I was too sensitive, cptr was still learning, and everything else to make me go away. Most every discrepancy was dismissed, or pencil whipped without maint. Toyota's quality of product AND service have been denied. They finally admitted to a problem, only to dismiss me once again because another Toyota on the lot did the same thing...that's like a tire company saying it's OK and considered normal for a tire to come apart and explode when another tire does the same. I won't purchase another Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.