2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Disappointed
By minera5 on 08/09/13 22:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I spent a tremendous amount of time researching and comparing vehicles before purchasing my 2007 Toyota Camry 4dr. I bought it new. The viser immediately was broken and I have been to the dealership for recalls several times. The brakes have been squeaking for at least a year every time I back up and so far the three places I took it to cannot fix them. The car also squeals when turning corners and this is after new tires. The biggest hazard is the inability to see out of the back widow. The rear end is too high and impossible to see out of the back. This was my first and last Toyota.

Still happy
By Quitepleased on 06/24/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just passed 80,000 miles and still drives like new. Three issues though; first of all, never use 0w20 oil. My lifters have been tapping ever since I did. Second, I had to replace my brakes after only 8 months. Since then, drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads still have 50% on them. Third, what the heck is up with the tires? I was literally forced to purchased sports car tires for this sedan! The originals lasted 70k but now I have 40k warranty tires that cost more than the originals AND I've lost an average of 6 mpg! This is stupid!

I love my Camry!
By Annabelles Mom on 03/23/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have read a lot of bad reviews on here about other peoples Camrys but I have never had any problems. Gas mileage is unreal! Anytime anyone rides in my car they gives compliments about the interior. Overall I have been very pleased with my Camry. It's just sad that all the recalls have truly hurt Toyotas reputation. I think they are still the most reliable cars on the road though!

The Ripening of a Lemon
By David on 01/29/10 05:16 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having had Hondas since 1976 when the original Accord first was introduced and having no major problems with any of them, I made a poor decision to purchase a Toyota Camry. The Smart Start malfunctioned three times and left me stranded in far off places. The radio scanned on its own. The struts leaked and had to be replaced. And now a wheel bearing shot. $718.00. All the aforementioned, except the wheel bearing under 36,000 miles. The wheel bearing at 37,000 just after the warranty is up. Now the recall because of the accelerator. The car is a lemon.

Where'd the quality go?
By Fred on 02/14/09 20:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Camry for over 2 years and 30,000 mi. Initially, I loved the car and couldn't drive it enough. Rattles, squeaking, and transmission troubles started shortly after. After several trips to the dealership, I am happy to report that everything has been taken care of. My wife and I were in a serious accident with it and while it was in the shop, we couldn't wait to get it back. Over the month it was in the shop, we rented several different cars and nothing seemed to measure up to the comfort and options of the Camry. Strongly recommend it, just make sure it has been taken to the dealership for the technical bulletins.

What a change from my 03 mercedes
By bobby on 03/30/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had an 03 Mercedes for 4 years. This car is smoother, quieter, more responsive, better overall driving dynamics and way much more reliable and better built. Only problem has been the proprietary transmission glitch everyone talks about.

My 2007 Camry experience
By atoyot1 on 11/30/07 13:48 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I liked the looks of the car and it is fun to drive. There is however a dark side. Transmission was replaced by Toyota in the first year. Hope it lasts more than a year. Ongoing problems with excessive tire wear. Has factory installed low profile rims. Get on average 10000 to 13000 miles on the best tires like Michelin. Very disappointing. Toyota won't do anything about it.

By asmith9779 on 11/25/07 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The main reason for this review is to add the "broken in" gas mileage. I first reported at the start that the 4 cylinder Camry got 34.4 at 70 MPH, this in May 2006, highway, 24-mpg all around driving. After 24,000 miles I am getting 36.5 mpg at 70 miles an hour, highway. At 75mph I get 34.5 mpg. At 55 mph I get over 50 mpg. The car has like 4 times the power of our old VW beetles. So, to us, this car really flies. My 93 Cadillac has more power, but my wife's Camry rides and drives better, believe or not. I still love my old Cadillac, but the Camry is really a great car. It's also easier on my wife's back on trips.

Great so far
By Bob on 11/25/07 07:20 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded from an 03 MB C240, and this car is vastly superior. Quieter, smoother, more fuel efficient and has had no problems except for the clip for the rear sunshade came loose, easily repaired by dealer. Have almost 25000 trouble free miles so far and everything holds up way better than my MB. I am satisfied with everything unlike my previous car which was in shop 18 times for warranty work in less than five years, and according to the courtesy driver, is normal for MB.

2007 Camry XLE
By CINDY on 08/26/07 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2007 Camry last week and I love it! The interior is stylish, roomy and has many nice features. I especially love the fuel efficiency (we traded in our SUV that has a V8 engine). The ride is nice for adjusting from a V8 to 4 cylinder engine. Overall I think it's going to be a great reliable car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.