Used 2007 Toyota Camry LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Very Reliable Great Car!!!
By bbarn60

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Camry new back in 2006. I now have over 103,000 miles on this car and it is still going strong with barely any problems. I fixed all recall issues which include the floor mat and break pedal they were simple fixes. My water pump does need to be replaced. I already purchased the part and it will only cost $180.00 to have it put on. If you go to the dealer it will cost a little more. Other than that just regular, on time maintenance is all that is needed to properly maintain this car. Even though my husband is an aggressive driver it still has held up. Out of the four cars I've owned the Camry is the most reliable.

Shake, Rattle and Curse
By Kenny

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After a year of complaining, I dumped the 2007 for a 2000 Camry. The 2000 is a much better vehicle to drive. I don't have whiplash from the tranny changing gears every 5 seconds, nor do I have pieces of cardboard wedged into the dash to stop the rattles.This car was a complete disappointment. I will bet it will go down as one of those years to avoid. How could this car been voted Car of The Year?

Favorite Features

The radio.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the drive train. Get back to the focus of making everything fit. I do not expect rattles and wind noise from Toyota. Shame!

A good car, but...
By Not so hot

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Camry and the worst I've owned. I really like the style of this Camry, but the engine performance is subpar. I've experienced the hesitation problem when applying the gas after slowing down. Also, the power windows seem to get stuck momentarily when I try to roll them down, especially the driver's side. Gas mileage is about 20 in the city, certainly not that great.

Favorite Features

The styling and quiet cabin. The ride is also very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

The 4-cylinder engine could definitely use more power. Also, Toyota has to address that hesitation problem with the transmission in the 2008 model.

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 dr Sedan
By annec

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Camry on reputation and recommendation. I am not a car geek and do not have the knowledge or time to deal with car problems. Well, I am becoming a auto expert by necessity. My problems are: hesitating then surge between shifts, windshield wipers that move with power that rocks the car to the point that it feels like it will roll over, plastic parts falling off, cruise control is so unreliable I don't use it, bad mileage, and, last but not least, half the windshild blacks out when driving at night through areas without street lights. The dealer's answer, "It meets Toyota specifications." Any suggestions will help. Do I qualify for the lemon law?

Suggested Improvements

Room to see over the steering wheel without being squeezed into the seat (I'm not tall). Car repair - all items listed above.

Fantastic Car!!
By strthusler

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For those who complain of power you're expectations are too high. For an I4 this car has a lot of kick, if you want more power then go with a V6. No problems with the transmission at all. Only problem was that the car's bumper was a different shade of white, but Toyota was happy to replace it.

Favorite Features

Love the room. I didn't realize how much more room it has than the Accord.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest improving the dashboard design. It's very boring, but then again, this is a family sedan that is well priced.